CH2M HILL

www.ch2m.com
There are newer employer reviews for CH2M HILL

Great working experience, I would still be working there if not for recession.

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant 03 in Charlotte, NC
Former Employee - Administrative Assistant 03 in Charlotte, NC

I worked at CH2M HILL full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great work/life balance, great work atmosphere, every office is different however.

Cons

Getting laid off was biggest con.

Try to place potential employees slated for lay off into other positions for which they may qualify. Even if it is in another office.

CH2M HILL Response

Apr 11, 2013Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback and we appreciate you taking the time to review the company. We will pass it along to upper management.

404 Other Employee Reviews for CH2M HILL (View Most Recent)

Great consulting engineering firm to work for

Current Employee - Staff Engineer II
    Current Employee - Staff Engineer II

I have been working at CH2M HILL full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Complex projects, incredibly access to senior engineers company-wide, great advancement opportunities and benefits. CH2M Hill definitely lives up to its reputation as a great company to work for. I am happier here as a staff engineer than any of my friends who work with our competitors. I have the opportunity to work on very interesting projects and the support of my supervisors in finding work that appeals to my career interests.

Cons

I have not found much about the company that I do not like. I have heard that salaries may be marginally lower than at some competitors, but I have no evidence to back that up.

Offer stock options of compensation in the form of stock to younger employees. Because the company is entirely employee-owned and its aging demographics mean that many of the older staff will be divesting of their company stock in the near future, now is a perfect time to encourage younger staff to become deeply invested in CH. This will really please younger staff (e.g. myself)

CH2M HILL Response

Apr 11, 2013Talent Acquisition

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are glad to hear that your experience with CH2M HILL is so positive!

Lots of opportunity and experience, decent wages

Current Employee - IT Support in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - IT Support in Denver, CO

I have been working at CH2M HILL full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Started in an entry level support role, gained a ton of experience and was able to move up to better positions internally. Many people starting in that entry level spot moved on to bigger better things within the company. Bust your butt, get rewarded. Work/Life balance is good. Allow teleworking and are good with time off.

Cons

The IT support structure of this company is huge, and teams do not communicate well between each other. This results in a lot of damage control. They are taking steps to re-organize these groups and improve upon these things in an effort to grow exponentially over the next couple years. However, that resulted in most senior IT folks leaving the company. So there is also a talent/knowledge drain at the moment. Also, raises are annual, but minimal, no matter how hard you're working.

There are newer employer reviews for CH2M HILL