Excellent company, big and not bureaucratic

Current Employee - Vice President  in  Saint Paul, MN
Current Employee - Vice President in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at CH2M HILL full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Strong ethics and sense of doing what is right for the right reason. Entrepreneurial and empowering. The firm does most any kind of engineering imaginable, which means employees can set their own career path (provided the firm's needs are being met). Strong technology organization and career path. Staff are to be responsible and accountable - good processes for making that happen. Very flexible place to work - great work/personal balance.

Cons

Financial system is excellent in many ways, but makes Project Managers have to get into too much financial detail (the system could be much simpler to achieve the same goals). Getting work can be largely up to the individual depending on the situation. To advance in the firm may mean you need to relocate.

Simplify the financial / project management systems to make it easier & more efficient to manage a project.

Other Reviews for CH2M HILL

Great company.

Current Employee - IT Support & Operations Technician  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - IT Support & Operations Technician in Denver, CO

I have been working at CH2M HILL as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Great company, coworkers work as a team and really seem to care for each other.

Cons

Advancement in information technology is limited. There are several individuals who have worked here for 15+ years but have minimal advancement.

Fantastic company and best run help desk team that I've ever encountered

I have been working at CH2M HILL full-time for more than a year

Pros

Well organized, great team members who pull together and know their stuff.

Cons

Insurance benefits weren't quite standard for the local area back when I worked there, but they've hopefully improved since then. I wish they were still local.

Know what motivates employees... a well motivated team of employees with the right tools will exceed your expectations every day and enjoy doing it.

CH2M HILL Response

May 6, 2013Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback and we appreciate you taking the time to review the company. We will pass it along to Senior Management.

There are newer employer reviews for CH2M HILL.

Worked for CH2M HILL? Contribute to the Community!