CH2M HILL

www.ch2m.com
  www.ch2m.com
There are newer employer reviews for CH2M HILL

CH2M Hill is a great place to work and grow

I worked at CH2M HILL full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Due to the fact that CH2M Hill is a big company, there are plenty of opportunities to work on a wide variety of projects.

Cons

If you are a field engineer you can spend a lot of time traveling and away from home.

387 Other Employee Reviews for CH2M HILL (View Most Recent)

Once a strong company now in decline. Even Outperformers are not getting rewarded.

Current Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at CH2M HILL full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

- The people who work here are very strong technically and share a great team mentality.
    - Exciting and complex projects that have taught me a lot over the decade I've been here.
    - Flexible work schedule means work/life balance is easier.

Cons

I am in that very small minority of people that gets the highest "Outperforming" rating consistently, year after year. And yet my last 3 requests for promotion have been denied for unfounded reasons even after my CDF was completed with the required approval from all the reviewers.

CH2M HILL used to be a place that I was proud to say that I worked at. But senior management has strayed so far from knowing what keeps their employees happy that I see many of my top co-workers leave in the last few years. I still enjoy my work but have long ago started to feel unappreciated. When I bring in millions in new business each year, and then get nothing more than a cost-of-living-adjustment as a raise, the excuses wear very thin. The excuse is always that the company hasn't done as well as projected, next year promises to be be another down-turn in the industry, etc. Which I would understand if it were true, but then later in the week we all get an e-mail from the CEO saying that our stock price in the last quarter has been the highest that it's ever been.

Our salaries have not keep pace with our competitors. My guess is that the company is relying on it's image and ENR standings to get away with paying it's employees below the market rate.

Another major issue is that they have eliminated the best health insurance plans and now your only choice is a PPO with a high deductible or a PPO with an even higher deductible. I joined my husband's work insurance policy and our joint coverage now costs a fraction of what CH was having me pay alone.

Promote and properly reward your top performers. Otherwise they will leave. Not giving raises and promotions to those who have proven to earn them is akin to corporate self-cannibalization.

Not the company it used to be

I have been working at CH2M HILL full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Have worked with exceptional teams to build some very interesting projects

Cons

How we handle change and people are unsatisfactory
    Senior management has lost touch with how to maintain a positive work force
    Favoritism has taken over talent.

Not sure new CEO has the expertise or talent to take this company forward. Staff has not seen anything particularly good from her work. She needs to not take credit from the work of others and stand on her own performance.
    Quit showing favoritism and keep talent in the company. We keep letting go of some of the best.

There are newer employer reviews for CH2M HILL