There are newer employer reviews for CH2M HILL

Mediocre

I have been working at CH2M HILL

Pros

Flex schedule (9/80), easy to get time off.

Cons

Not very much room to grow, or help expanding resume.

336 Other Employee Reviews for CH2M HILL (View Most Recent)

Not a great place to work if you want to advance on your career path in the field of transportation

Former Employee - Staff Engineer  in  Chantilly, VA
    Former Employee - Staff Engineer in Chantilly, VA

I worked at CH2M HILL full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexible schedule.
    Pay is comparable to other big companies.

Cons

You are basically on your Own in the company, at least in the office where I used to work at. No clear career path for young engineers. When I was at the company, I had seen many young engineers left the company because of the limited opportunities for career advancement. Work is so scarce in the North East's Transportation Group that a $100k project can make everyone excited and happy. Recently they have lost many big projects to other competitors. I can see this trend will continue for a long time since they do not have many capable engineers to deliver good works to build their reputation. Furthermore many engineers were reluctant to share their knowledge with others due to their feelings of job insecurity. You can never grow in an evironment like that which made me want to leave as soon as possible. When an opporunnity to leave the company arose, I did not hesitate for a moment.

Get rid of incompetent engineers and hire the best engineers in the field of transportation to win big projects. A company of a high caliber like CH2M Hill cannot grow into a respectable transportation company if they keep winning small projects and losing big projects.

Finally... Professionalism/repect/growth/challenges/Great PEOPLE

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant 02  in  Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant 02 in Englewood, CO

I have been working at CH2M HILL part-time for less than a year

Pros

High focus on building individuals, if you want to do more and you express that, it happens. Hard work is recognized!

Cons

Learning the culture can be very difficult , especially if you are new to the industry. Acronyms are the language of choice.

Consider more check-in visits with new employees

There are newer employer reviews for CH2M HILL

Worked for CH2M HILL? Contribute to the Community!