CHAN Healthcare Auditors

www.chanllc.com
There are newer employer reviews for CHAN Healthcare Auditors

Great Mission Based Company

I have been working at CHAN Healthcare Auditors

Pros

A mission based company, where you can feel that you are doing good and getting paid for it
Cutting edge - constantly trying to improve the way value is added to clients and healthcare
Growing knowledge sharing functions with a lot of base material to get the job done, and opportunities to contribute
Benefits are reasonablity good and work life balance a priority

Cons

Struggling to grow out of small company mentality, but positive signs show transition to more disseminated leadership
You may have to move cities to be promoted, but promotion is possible
Pay is reasonable, but can stagnate after a few years

CHAN needs to take a step towards an operating company, growing standards, and working less through committee. Its getting too big to work that way.

26 Other Employee Reviews for CHAN Healthcare Auditors (View Most Recent)

No upward mobility, where you come in at is where you stay . . . forever . . . .

I worked at CHAN Healthcare Auditors

Pros

Not a lot of pros, very political, people very power-focused. more like a caste system, if you fell in the lower caste, which was pretty much everyone who was not a close and personal friend of CEO, the you were overlooked and abused . . .

Cons

There were people there who started 10 - 15 years ago as an audit manager and retired as an audit manager. Expect a company that makes relatively good money to spend little to nothing on their employees . . .

None, just happy I was able to get out of there . . .

Audit Manager

Former Employee - Audit Manager
    Former Employee - Audit Manager

I worked at CHAN Healthcare Auditors full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You are able to learn about the operations of a hospital in detail.

Cons

CHAN lacks integrity. I was asked by one of the CFOs I did internal audits for to communicate to his board of directors information that was outside my area of responsibility, but information he needed communicated to help him look good to the board chair. I told him I couldn't without permission from CHAN management. He was very upset. I informed my immediate supervisor of the situation, and I was assured I did the right thing and I would be supported. I found out later CHAN sided with the CFO, a person I had worked successfully with for many years. I learn also this fellow now had, magically, many complaints, none of which I had ever heard of during the years I worked with him. CHAN management put me on a development plan! This is after years of successful audits. These are precursors to being fired. This happened many times to other very good and competent auditors who had refused to compromise their integrity, but still did the job they were hired to do. The net/net is that CHAN talks integrity, but make no mistake, they are for their money, right or wrong. I moved on and am now a very successful CFO. Finally, those who get promoted are those the who drink the Kool-Aid, and there is lots and lots of Kool-Aid to drink. Unless one is desperate, don't work there.

None.