CHOC Children's

jobs.chocchildrens.org
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for CHOC Children's

This is one of the most disfunctional places I have worked.

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Orange, CA
Current Employee - Senior Manager in Orange, CA

I have been working at CHOC Children's full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I would take my child here any day. The doctos and nurses are amazing as is the facility. They do provide free parking and semi-fair salaries.

Cons

Poor Senior Leadership - very unethical. There is no honesty and you often feel left behind on major decisions. They hire people based on who they know - not their experince in their field.

Look to other Children's Hospitals who are leading the way. Bring people in who know the industry.

58 Other Employee Reviews for CHOC Children's (View Most Recent)

Unethical senior leadership

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Orange, CA
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Orange, CA

I have been working at CHOC Children's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

None that I can think of

Cons

Senior executives pretend to be open and honest but are always talking behind each other's back and scheming. The executives are out for themselves and have zero interest in supporting the directors and managers. Lots of lying and misstatement of facts. I have worked in three other organizations as an admin assistant and have never seen anything like this.

At some point in time your dishonesty is going to come out. So many leaders and staff have left and many are looking. Can't blame them.

Incompetent & Unethical Leadership

Current Employee - Foundation Director in Orange, CA
    Current Employee - Foundation Director in Orange, CA

I have been working at CHOC Children's full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Caring for sick children, working with doctors & nurses who really care despite the poor leadership. Good location & new building.

Cons

The CEO & CFO did a terrible job planning budgets, now there are layoffs, but how come the CEO & CFO both have 2 assistants when some overworked departments are unable to have even one? Cuts need to begin in administration, they need a reality check and and leave their sense of entitlement at home, this is a children's hospital not Hollywood. How about some compassion and caring from administration instead of their stuck-up attitude.
    The iCare principles and Mission are a joke, nothing but more misrepresentation & lies from administration.

You're not as important as you think you are, this isn't a place for divas & attention seekers. Do your job and be accountable, if you can't be a moral leader go somewhere else. Get another CFO & finance department, it's obvious they are all incompetent and liars.

There are newer employer reviews for CHOC Children's