There are newer employer reviews for CHRISTUS Health

Christus Health is a great company but not able to live up to the competition in Shreveport, La.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shreveport, LA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shreveport, LA

I worked at CHRISTUS Health full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I loved the company because of their core values.

Cons

Size in the community not large enough to compete with the dominate hospital in area.

Work on getting more medical doctors working for the system in order to compete with the competition.

reviews filtered by

Top management is cruel, callous, and uncaring

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Houston, TX

I have been working at CHRISTUS Health full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I would not recommend that anyone work here now that Ernie Sadue has taken over the company.

Cons

Upper management does not care about employees, work ethic, or compassion anymore. They treat employees like trash and throw them out at the slightest provocation to hide their own short comings. This company has been headed downhill since Dr Royer stepped down as president. In the last year new president Ernie Sadue has layed off 700 employees from Houston and hired incompetent replacements in the new Dallas headquarters. Managers are cruel and seem to enjoy harassing their employees.

You are awful terrible people and your are running what used to be a good company with high standards and ethics right into the ground. You're hospitals are awful, I wouldn't use them even if I was dying. I would drive an extra five minutes and go somewhere else.

2. Work

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Corpus Christi, TX
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Corpus Christi, TX

I have been working at CHRISTUS Health full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Love the staff. They're all "healing heroes" in my book.

Cons

New grad training is subpar and then new nurses are thrown to the wolves to sink or swim and potentially hurt someone in the process. Health insurance to provide for your family is outrageously expensive. Annual raises are not competitive at all.

Allow managers/HR to offer merit raises throughout the year not just annually to reward excellent performance. No one is in this profession for the money but when you work really hard it's nice to be rewarded for such.

There are newer employer reviews for CHRISTUS Health