There are newer employer reviews for CHRISTUS Health

Good place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Antonio, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I worked at CHRISTUS Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Knowledgeable staff and supportive management. As cutting edge as you'll get in healthcare.

Cons

Poor benefits for a medical company

Keep up the good work

87 Other Employee Reviews for CHRISTUS Health (View Most Recent)

Resigned after 3 months

I worked at CHRISTUS Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

Some of the employees in the Houston office, especially the few who decided to make the transfer to Irving, are dedicated and knowledgeable employees.

Cons

Accounting system and procedures in place are inefficient at best, and personally my training left me frustrated to no end since there were so many things left out. I simply didn't have to ability to know how to do my job and I'd wanted to leave several weeks before I actually did (not just once, either).

The fragmented, disorganized environment can only blame part of that on the uprooting/moving to a new location. Seriously, just stay away.

Would it even do any good at this point?

Was a great place to work, before the 'consolidation' to Las Colinas

Former Employee - Enterprise Systems Administrator  in  San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Enterprise Systems Administrator in San Antonio, TX

I worked at CHRISTUS Health full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good benefits, competitive salary for the area, work from home 3 days a week, new technologies implemented frequently, usually had at least one week of paid training a year

Cons

In January of 2012, Ernie's vision of consolidation was all along just a massive work force reduction. Apparently having Information Management staff located at the various locations throughout Texas and Louisiana no longer 'worked', so Ernie decided he'd try to uproot everyone to Las Colinas. We're talking over 500 dedicated, vested employees. Well that backfired, only a very small percentage actually relocated (I've heard around 15%), the people who kept the systems running left, so now there are issues after issues and the expertise to resolve them are no longer there. Replace your tenured staff with new hires at a substantial salary savings, and you expect to be better off? I mean, do you want to be a patient at any of their facilities while they're having daily problems with their systems that are there to assist in providing for your care? Think about that...

None. You didn't listen to your dedicated staff back then, and it bit you where the sun don't shine (and I'm not talking about London).

There are newer employer reviews for CHRISTUS Health

Worked for CHRISTUS Health? Contribute to the Community!