There are newer employer reviews for CHRISTUS Spohn Health System

Overworked and management untrustworthy

Current Employee - Endoscopy Tech
Current Employee - Endoscopy Tech

I have been working at CHRISTUS Spohn Health System

Pros

I loved helping patients. I loved being constantly busy making the day go by faster.
It was close by to where I lived.

Cons

Management would throw you under the bus if it meant that her job would be on the line. I was hired on as PRN and worked over full time. Before I was hired, I let them know certain dates I would miss, and seeing that I was supposed to be making my own schedule and come in as when and as long as I wanted, it should not have been a problem. The moment I called in to tell them I wouldn't be in that day, I was forced into an "exit" meeting, where I explained that I was hired in NOT as FT. They did not believe me, however, I just so happen to make copies of online Job Descriptions and copies of my applying for that job. I brought that in to HR and they did find it on their system as well. They apologized and asked me to stay, but at that point the damage was done. My manager sat in that exit meeting with 5 other people and lied to all their faces. You do NOT want to work for that type of company where the people have no ethics, morals or integrity.

Listen to your workers. Just because they are not management level, does not mean they have no idea what they are talking about. Not every one is a liar!
Be careful how you treat your workers, some of us are working as "techs" right now in your hospital because we are going through Medical School. DO you think for a second we will want to work as a Doctor in a hospital that treats their "regular" employees like dirt?

reviews filtered by
  1. Great and caring company to work for!

Former Employee - Staffing Coordinator in Corpus Christi, TX
    Former Employee - Staffing Coordinator in Corpus Christi, TX

I worked at CHRISTUS Spohn Health System

Pros

Great people, wonderful mission, tuition reimbursement, compassionate, benefits

Cons

Performance reviews and raises static,

2. Fun environment

Former Employee - File Clerk in Corpus Christi, TX
    Former Employee - File Clerk in Corpus Christi, TX

I worked at CHRISTUS Spohn Health System

Pros

Colleagues were very friendly. Advancement for hard workers is possible

Cons

Low wages as expected with this type of job

There are newer employer reviews for CHRISTUS Spohn Health System