CHRISTUS Spohn Health System

www.christusspohn.org

Overworked and management untrustworthy

Endoscopy Tech (Current Employee)

ProsI loved helping patients. I loved being constantly busy making the day go by faster.
It was close by to where I lived.

ConsManagement would throw you under the bus if it meant that her job would be on the line. I was hired on as PRN and worked over full time. Before I was hired, I let them know certain dates I would miss, and seeing that I was supposed to be making my own schedule and come in as when and as long as I wanted, it should not have been a problem. The moment I called in to tell them I wouldn't be in that day, I was forced into an "exit" meeting, where I explained that I was hired in NOT as FT. They did not believe me, however, I just so happen to make copies of online Job Descriptions and copies of my applying for that job. I brought that in to HR and they did find it on their system as well. They apologized and asked me to stay, but at that point the damage was done. My manager sat in that exit meeting with 5 other people and lied to all their faces. You do NOT want to work for that type of company where the people have no ethics, morals or integrity.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your workers. Just because they are not management level, does not mean they have no idea what they are talking about. Not every one is a liar!
Be careful how you treat your workers, some of us are working as "techs" right now in your hospital because we are going through Medical School. DO you think for a second we will want to work as a Doctor in a hospital that treats their "regular" employees like dirt?

Registered respiratory therapist

I have been working at CHRISTUS Spohn Health System

Pros: There's always plenty of work! Cons: Supervisors are unsupportive and can be vindictive Advice to Senior Management: Dissolve the cardiopulmonary specialists jobs More

HORRIBLE PLACE TO WORK AS A NURSE!!

Registered Nurse (Former Employee) Corpus Christi, TX

I worked at CHRISTUS Spohn Health System full-time for less than a year

Pros: none-targeting and lying are the norm for management and other… Cons: Major shift in management many times. People put into management positions had little or no training. Lying to employees was the norm for many people.… Advice to Senior Management: Review your own mission statement!!! Stop the lying and targeting of good nurses otherwise you will end up with the "bottom of the barrel"!! Pt… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on CHRISTUS Spohn Health System.

Worked for CHRISTUS Spohn Health System? Contribute to the Community!