CHRISTUS Spohn Health System

www.christusspohn.org
  www.christusspohn.org
There are newer employer reviews for CHRISTUS Spohn Health System

Christus does not live its mission statement. Organizational politics allow senior managers to avoid accountability.

Former Employee - Quality Risk Management Coordinator  in  Corpus Christi, TX
Former Employee - Quality Risk Management Coordinator in Corpus Christi, TX

I worked at CHRISTUS Spohn Health System

Pros

Faith activities encouraged and supported

Cons

Efficiency, productivity, and team work poor. Mentoring not present to grow employees. Managers always in meetings and not present to "get the job done" with the team.

Focus on the job to be done, help employees by sharing senior knowledge and skills, provide tools and equipment needed to do it right the first time. Stop duplication of efforts among sister facilities by dividing a single project between them and then share the successful outcome with all facilities. The organization is penny wise and pound foolish. Organizational politics are strong and detrimental to the morale of the employees.

12 Other Employee Reviews for CHRISTUS Spohn Health System (View Most Recent)

Christus Spohn Health System Gets a B+

Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician  in  Corpus Christi, TX
    Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Corpus Christi, TX

I have been working at CHRISTUS Spohn Health System

Pros

Great benefits in particular vision coverage. Frames are covered up to one hundred fifty dollars in network. This is a great plan because other vision plans cover less or they only give a small discount such as ten percent. They have flexible schedules in that they are willing to work with students around school schedules and they have a program called Grow Your Own in which full time associates can go to school full time and work part time and yet get compensated for full time hours. Overall the Christus Spohn Hospital is a great place to work and people are great.

Cons

too much "nit picking" and peer animosity. This leads to lower employee morale and pay is not up to par with the level of work is required and does not match associate experience. Too much work load for the amount of staff on hand. In addition, new rules and regulations in pharmacy operations have made stress levels and employee morale decrease exponentially. This is due to management who believes that things can be one hundred percent correct, when in fact there will always be some errors. This is due to human nature and there is no way to be completely one hundred percent correct all the time.

Respect associates and don't put them down

Overworked and management untrustworthy

Current Employee - Endoscopy Tech
    Current Employee - Endoscopy Tech

I have been working at CHRISTUS Spohn Health System

Pros

I loved helping patients. I loved being constantly busy making the day go by faster.
    It was close by to where I lived.

Cons

Management would throw you under the bus if it meant that her job would be on the line. I was hired on as PRN and worked over full time. Before I was hired, I let them know certain dates I would miss, and seeing that I was supposed to be making my own schedule and come in as when and as long as I wanted, it should not have been a problem. The moment I called in to tell them I wouldn't be in that day, I was forced into an "exit" meeting, where I explained that I was hired in NOT as FT. They did not believe me, however, I just so happen to make copies of online Job Descriptions and copies of my applying for that job. I brought that in to HR and they did find it on their system as well. They apologized and asked me to stay, but at that point the damage was done. My manager sat in that exit meeting with 5 other people and lied to all their faces. You do NOT want to work for that type of company where the people have no ethics, morals or integrity.

Listen to your workers. Just because they are not management level, does not mean they have no idea what they are talking about. Not every one is a liar!
    Be careful how you treat your workers, some of us are working as "techs" right now in your hospital because we are going through Medical School. DO you think for a second we will want to work as a Doctor in a hospital that treats their "regular" employees like dirt?

There are newer employer reviews for CHRISTUS Spohn Health System

Worked for CHRISTUS Spohn Health System? Contribute to the Community!