CHRISTUS Spohn Health System
www.christusspohn.org Corpus Christi, TX 1000 to 5000 Employees

Not all is well in health care

Surgial Tech (Current Employee)

I have been working at CHRISTUS Spohn Health System

ProsPeople work at this county facility because they like caring for the indigent and low income patients, additionally, covering all the trauma services. It takes really special people to do this work, so coworkers are awesome special!, they work hard and show great pride in their work I respect my coworkers as well as like them as people.

ConsADMINSTRATION! From the top down! Middle management is the worst. Managers are promoted thru the "perter principal" meaning having "manager" in your title does not mean you do it well. Those in higher positions could really use some training in leadership, management, and communication skills. Additionally there exists huge inequity of treatment. Managers favor whomever they please, bullying in common, and tolerated, it's become the common culture, the saying was never more true, "Nurses eat their young"
Also, get used to learning by fire. Work performance expectations, regardless of the training you receive, are high from the get-go. Learn office politics early on in order to succeed and survive. Get used to doing a lot of work and not getting credit for it. Friendly and helpful people should look elsewhere for a career; everyone is out for themselves.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore transparency, not just lip service. Proficiency levels, we need to trust, we need to know we can depend on those above us to "have our backs". Equal treatment for all, regardless of position. Let associates contribute to decision making, again not just lip service thru committees, really listen. Don't ask a question you don't want to hear the truthful answer to, then not listen and ask it again, were on to that bait and switch tactic.

Christus does not live its mission statement. Organizational politics allow senior managers to avoid accountability.

Quality Risk Management Coordinator (Former Employee)

I worked at CHRISTUS Spohn Health System

Pros: Faith activities encouraged and supported Cons: Efficiency, productivity, and team work poor. Mentoring not present to grow employees. … Advice to Senior Management: Focus on the job to be done, help employees by sharing senior knowledge and skills, provide tools and equipment needed to do it right the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Christus Spohn Health System Gets a B+

Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee)

I have been working at CHRISTUS Spohn Health System

Pros: Great benefits in particular vision coverage. Frames are covered up to one hundred fifty dollars in network. This is a great plan because other vision… Cons: too much "nit picking" and peer animosity. This leads to lower employee morale and pay is not up to par with the level of work… Advice to Senior Management: Respect associates and don't put them down More

There are newer reviews on CHRISTUS Spohn Health System.

Worked for CHRISTUS Spohn Health System? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CHRISTUS Spohn Health System reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CHRISTUS Spohn Health System CEO Bruce Holstien. All reviews posted anonymously by CHRISTUS Spohn Health System employees.