CHS

www.chsamerica.com
  www.chsamerica.com
There are newer employer reviews for CHS

Medicaid insurance third party company.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at CHS full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It's a job. Co-workers are nice; most of the supervisors and managers are nice. Work environment is acceptable. Location in county is centralized but difficult for bus riders.

Cons

No wage increases and no advancment opportunities. Told both would not happen this year. Average wages for the area. Like noted above, the office is located in a difficult place for bus riders. About a 2 hour ride for most. Managment does not encourage or motivate employees with sponsoring pot lucks or holiday events. The cost of those things is the burden of the employees.

More motivation, more encouragement, more recognition; Offer opportunities for advancement or be honest with employees and tell them there is no future for the company due to no Medicaid expansion so they have enough time to look for another job. Perhaps employees can assist with ideas in developing business in those states that DID expand Medicaid??? We are never asked what ideas we might have.

10 Other Employee Reviews for CHS (View Most Recent)

Very good company to work for

I worked at CHS full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Was a growing company with opportinities

Cons

company has been sold to another

No future for this company

I worked at CHS full-time

Pros

Most of the people there are great. Many of my co-workers are very smart, and great to work with. They have great work ethics, and do a great job for the company.

Cons

It is hard to stay engaged and motivated since the company has no direction or goals. They are constantly shifting focus, sometimes daily, which leads to difficulty in understanding the individual responsibilities from one day to the next. There is no communication in this company except through the grapevine. Everything works on favoritism, even bonus' and salary increases which are very few and far between. The senior leaders at the executive level are always fighting amongst themselves and then trying to influence people to take sides, it is a totally non-productive and inefficient environment. There is no ability to grow in this company. Most of the executive leadership members are extremely unprofessional and always letting everyone know how valuable and privileged they are; it is atrocious how poorly staff and middle management are treated. I don't believe that this company has a future in healthcare.

I have no advice, there is too much dysfunction and with the current ownership and leadership, the culture of the company is so toxic that I don't see a way to fix it. For people who like to be bullies, play favorites, take the money and run, it is a perfect environment. For all others who are ethical and have integrity, run away as fast as possible.

There are newer employer reviews for CHS