CIBC
www.cibc.com Toronto, Canada 5000+ Employees

Fun for a bank

User Experience (Current Employee)
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at CIBC full-time

ProsThe teams within CIBC eChannels strive to be innovative, collaborative, and productive. Managers are encouraging and try to provide as much opportunities and resources as they can. When new ideas for employee satisfaction get brought up (such as open wifi network), the management shows effort to make it happen.

ConsDue to the nature of the organization, security is a big concern, which causes the lines of communication to be less than open. Also, a lot of tedious bureaucratic and administrative processes are enforced, which are. The organization is highly structured and hierarchical. In general, people have great work-life balance - most people go home at 5 to attend to kids, etc.

Really depends on the department you're working at

Senior Financial Advisor (Former Employee)
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at CIBC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Decent benefits, company culture at head office roles is less… Cons: At the retail banking level, horrible job at hiring for people… More

Met the best bosses and the worst... However, the good people still outnumbered the bad, keep your head up and focus!

Investment Advisor Assistant (Current Employee)

I have been working at CIBC full-time for more than a year

Pros: Promotion opportunities seem to be readily available as long as… Cons: It seems like our office is always under-staffed, which means everybody is overloaded with work. This really decreases job satisfaction as you are drown… Advice to Senior Management: Hire a little more staff may cost you a little more in the short… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on CIBC.

Worked for CIBC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CIBC reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CIBC CEO Gerry McCaughey. All reviews posted anonymously by CIBC employees.