CIBC

www.cibc.com
  www.cibc.com
There are newer employer reviews for CIBC

Satisfying

Current Employee - Human Resources Consultant in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
Current Employee - Human Resources Consultant in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at CIBC

Pros

Great challenges, always lots of interesting work

Cons

Very toronto centric approach to running the business

Out additional resources where needed - at the front line and eliminate the top heavy infrastructure in Toronto

553 Other Employee Reviews for CIBC (View Most Recent)

Turnover is common. Staff leave at the first opportunity, in search of fairness and respect.

I have been working at CIBC

Pros

There's a CIBC on every corner !

Cons

Dictatorship. Way too many meetings discussing the same issues over and over, all day, every day. It staff were treated with as much respect as CIBC's clients, I could then possibly say I am proud to work for CIBC. Too many meetings, not enough face time with clients. I get tired of hearing about LLR, Revenue, growth, losses, why can't we discuss important things that we can use to service and sell clients, to build relationship CIBC asks of us. We spend most of our days tracking, and explaining and reporting and discussing. You hired us, so trust us. We are the ones dealing with clients, trust us to do that. Fix the systems! This is 2011 ! Extreme pressure from the top down, without recognition, without respect, without reason. We all know we are being paid by CIBC, we don't need it shoved in our faces day after day. We are all human and regardless of employee's position or tenure, we must be treated with respect.

Remind those you hire--- respect MUST BE mutual. Just because someone makes better money, has a higher position, and has company perks, does not make them a better or more deserving human. CIBC said it.......Teamwork, Trust, Accountability.....sometimes I do not believe this applies to everyone. I have worked way too many years outside of CIBC and within to be treated as someone who needs to be led by the hand, day in and day out. This is the first organization that I can honestly say.. I see a very domineering, arogant, chain of command, who feel they are way more important than the work-horses below them.

friendly and fair

I worked at CIBC

Pros

canadian culture is the best

Cons

laid back sometimes, people are relax

be more aggressive in expanding overseas

There are newer employer reviews for CIBC