CIBT

www.us.cibt.com
There are newer employer reviews for CIBT

Visa specialist

I have been working at CIBT full-time

Pros

Few of them, perhaps the fact that healthcare is good enough but it is not saying much considering how healthcare is expensive and treated differently by companies.

Cons

Many. Restricted time off (5 months out of the year!), stress and pressure, overtime (paid but still, it seems to be impossible to avoid it without missing key deadlines), constant victimization from both countries attended to and management which commits many, many mistakes that are suffered by the front line people, obsession with customer service when little of it is rendered by management itself which comes across as completely incompetent, obsession with profits at all costs and mostly at the detriment of the front line staff and middle management.

My advice to anyone considering employment there is don' t! You will thank me for it.

24 Other Employee Reviews for CIBT (View Most Recent)

It's a great place to work but there's little opportunity for growth

Current Employee - Visa and Passport Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Visa and Passport Specialist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at CIBT full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I love most of my coworkers, and the atmosphere is very cooperative. I feel like my good work is appreciated, and I feel accountable for my work. The view from the office is magnificent (Millennium Park and Lake Michigan). Very predictable hours if you're a fast worker. Management is easy to get along with. Downtown location is very convenient.

Cons

Pay could be better, and raises are small. There is little opportunity to take initiative if you want to take more responsibility. There is little/no opportunity for advancement in the Chicago office unless someone were to leave. The work is pretty mundane but really not bad. Overtime can be necessary if you are slow or get a difficult file.

Leadership Not Invested in Employees

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I worked at CIBT

Pros

Next to the Ritz Carlton in Tysons Corner. Adjacent to the Tysons Galleria Mall. Global company that is growing rapidly.

Cons

Most of the leadership is from MCI and has only been in place for 2 to 4 years. Clique environment. Employees are openly made fun of and sometimes ridiculed. Lack of long-term planning. Projects are managed inefficiently and rework is required in most cases. Directives are handed down and suggestions and feedback from employees are not considered. 360 reviews and feedback are non-existent.

Mentor and invest in all of your employees. Build out a 10-15 year plan. Focus on building a business that will not fall apart once you are gone.

There are newer employer reviews for CIBT