Avoid this place like the plague!!

Former Employee - Visa and Passport Specialist  in  Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Visa and Passport Specialist in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at CIBT full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

It offers health insurance. But that's about it.

Cons

Low pay for all the stress and harassment you'll receive. Unless someone quits, gets fired or dies, there is absolutely NO room for advancement. Pay raises are never more then a measly 30 cents or so. The harder you work, the more you'll be harassed and ridiculed. A compliment is never given without a gripe about your ability to do your job, even if you're an excellent employee doing your best. Expect to be be threatened with a "job security" speech daily. Vacation is offered, but at least 5 months out of the year are restricted. And when only 1 person can take time off at a time, you wonder what the point of even offering it is. Don't expect to have a life outside of CIBT. You're expected to be a robot with no feelings or life of your own outside of work. Upper management in the corporate office is a mess. They couldn't care less about their employees, talk poorly about employees to other employees, make big mistakes and poor choices and then force their employees to fix the problems. Company is extremely profit driven and will work you into the ground until you just can't take it anymore. But don't ever expect to benefit from rising profits aside from the measly salary you'll take home. Employees, especially long term employees are leaving right and left whether or not they have something else lined up. In this economy, that has to tell you something...

Realize that your employees are people, not robots. Start treating them with respect and stop harassing them. Stop writing people up for getting sick or for having to tend to a family emergency. And most importantly, realize that happy employees = happy customers. Your current business model is going to drive CIBT right into the ground. This used to be a great place to work, but as of 3 years ago, it's now one of the worst. It's time to wake up and realize this.

Other Reviews for CIBT

Visa specialist

I have been working at CIBT full-time

Pros

Few of them, perhaps the fact that healthcare is good enough but it is not saying much considering how healthcare is expensive and treated differently by companies.

Cons

Many. Restricted time off (5 months out of the year!), stress and pressure, overtime (paid but still, it seems to be impossible to avoid it without missing key deadlines), constant victimization from both countries attended to and management which commits many, many mistakes that are suffered by the front line people, obsession with customer service when little of it is rendered by management itself which comes across as completely incompetent, obsession with profits at all costs and mostly at the detriment of the front line staff and middle management.

My advice to anyone considering employment there is don' t! You will thank me for it.

It's a great place to work but there's little opportunity for growth

Current Employee - Visa and Passport Specialist  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Visa and Passport Specialist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at CIBT full-time for less than a year

Pros

I love most of my coworkers, and the atmosphere is very cooperative. I feel like my good work is appreciated, and I feel accountable for my work. The view from the office is magnificent (Millennium Park and Lake Michigan). Very predictable hours if you're a fast worker. Management is easy to get along with. Downtown location is very convenient.

Cons

Pay could be better, and raises are small. There is little opportunity to take initiative if you want to take more responsibility. There is little/no opportunity for advancement in the Chicago office unless someone were to leave. The work is pretty mundane but really not bad. Overtime can be necessary if you are slow or get a difficult file.

There are newer employer reviews for CIBT.

Worked for CIBT? Contribute to the Community!