HR out of control

I worked at CIRCOR International

Pros

Leadership at the top (CEO) is good, values people, very personable and sharp. Good benefit plans, especially 401K with auto match.

Cons

HR is a revolving door at this company, except at the top. I can't begin to count the number of HR employees I have seen come and go at the local level. Have to wonder if it is the person at the top that is the problem.

Advice to Management

make a change

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. engineer

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spartanburg, SC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spartanburg, SC

I worked at CIRCOR International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

work and learn widely products on fluid control. Has opportunity to touch challenging tech. Nice people to work with though.

Cons

Organization change quickly. Do not care too much about their long term employee.

2. Senior Recruiter

Former Contractor - Senior Recruiter in Burlington, MA
    Former Contractor - Senior Recruiter in Burlington, MA

I worked at CIRCOR International as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed working as a Contract Recruiter with Circor briefly in 2013, the people were nice and focused and the C level people said Hello several times which created a friendly culture - They focus on energy, aerospace and the defense infrastructure, so they're involved in many of the world's high growth industries, which I like and have a solid background in, so it was a nice fit for me.

Cons

They didn't have a direct position at the time and I would have loved to work there as an employee.

Advice to Management

People seem to think the C-level people are unapproachable, which I didn't find to be the case - maybe employees need to be more forthcoming in relationship building to see that there is a real team there if they put forth the effort to see it. Maybe Management needs to work to make employees more aware of that.