CIT
www.cit.com New York, NY 1000 to 5000 Employees

CIT employees are the key to success for the company!

New York, NY

I have been working at CIT

ProsCIT Group is a company that demonstrates respect and a high level of integrity. Although the financial services industry is struggling we appear to be making the right kind of decisions under the guidance of the CEO and senior management.

ConsAs with any other company, the management team sometimes forget that they most manage the people in addition the the work. Some lose site of the most important asset to the company, the people.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't forget about the magnificient, skilled, and intelligent employees that are working hard each and every day to ensure the success of the company.

Not surprising the Home Lending unit failed during sub-prime crisis!

Underwriter (Former Employee)
Saint Louis, MO

I worked at CIT

Pros: The benefits package wasn't too bad. I was able to get most days off. … Cons: Management at local office was more concerned about the bottom line than the underwriting the correct way at times. This was a problem throughout… Advice to Senior Management: Better focus on quality control and lending within CIT guidelines. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Too much GE blood in this small-business-minded, Fortune 500 company.

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at CIT

Pros: Majority of employees are friendly and easy to work with. Middle managment is talented and willing to work with lower employees. Plenty of… Cons: Small business sector (Rail) has limitied opportunities for advancement within the company. CIT is not very open regarding their compensation possibilities, everything regarding pay,… Advice to Senior Management: Begin investing in employee development programs. This is key to employee retention. Also, place more importance on employee ratings systems. These are… More

There are newer reviews on CIT.

Worked for CIT? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CIT reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CIT CEO John A. Thain. All reviews posted anonymously by CIT employees.