The company has great benefits, but you may find yourself unhappy and unsatisfied.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Jacksonville, FL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at CIT

Pros

The benefits are good. They start you up on medical and dental immediately, no waiting period. the 401k match is great. overall the benefits are some of the best I have seen. The main reason I accepted the position

Cons

The training is horrible, No one wants to share information. There is little team work here. communication is lousy.

I would suggest he offer better training. Train managers to better assist their employees with work related issues. encourage the employee do better at their job. Your current mid to low level management often berate their employees for making simple mistakes.

Other Reviews for CIT

CIT employees are the key to success for the company!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at CIT

Pros

CIT Group is a company that demonstrates respect and a high level of integrity. Although the financial services industry is struggling we appear to be making the right kind of decisions under the guidance of the CEO and senior management.

Cons

As with any other company, the management team sometimes forget that they most manage the people in addition the the work. Some lose site of the most important asset to the company, the people.

Don't forget about the magnificient, skilled, and intelligent employees that are working hard each and every day to ensure the success of the company.

Not surprising the Home Lending unit failed during sub-prime crisis!

Former Employee - Underwriter  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Underwriter in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at CIT

Pros

The benefits package wasn't too bad. I was able to get most days off. Some of the other supporting staff was very pleasant to work with on a daily basis.

Cons

Management at local office was more concerned about the bottom line than the underwriting the correct way at times. This was a problem throughout the whole sub-prime industry. Doing the right thing and following guidelines all of the time would get you labeled a trouble maker. When asking for days off management would sometimes ask too many questions about why you wanted to take a day off or use a personal day.

Better focus on quality control and lending within CIT guidelines.

There are newer employer reviews for CIT.

Worked for CIT? Contribute to the Community!