CIT

www.cit.com

CIT Rail rewards results, takes risks promoting internal candidates to new opportunities.

Vice President (Current Employee)

ProsWith an established practice of hiring internally to fill top positions and filling lower positions externally, CIT Rail is an excellent place to grow and have a career.

CIT Rail is very difficult to get into, the compay hires only the very best and brightest people it can find so you're always working with people you can respect and that respect you. Fit (group dynamic) is just as important as formal qualifications in the interview process so it's actually a fun environment to work in.

CIT Rail managment respects work life balance, I work very reasonable hours and as long as my work gets done very well, my manager allows me a lot of freedom with my time.

ConsThe onboarding process at CIT can be a bit slow, but it's definitely worth the wait.

When everyone on your team is smart, hard working, and looking to impress it can be difficult to stand out. Managment is cognisant of the fact that its working with the cream of the crop, expectations are very high but accomplishments are definitely rewarded.

CIT has become a bank holding company. For those of us who were here before, the environment feels more tightly controlled, less free, more guarded. I've heard from others who worked at other banks before or who have since moved to other banks, CIT Rail feels more laid back and relaxed than other banks though it is adequately controlled.

Low Morale in IT Department

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Livingston, NJ

I worked at CIT full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: many people stay at CIT for a long time Cons: IT Department has had multiple layoffs in recent years leading to low morale and fears of total outsourcing of IT. Culture is focused on… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

CIT post Bankruptcy

Director (Former Employee) Livingston, NJ

I worked at CIT full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: New C level team has smarts, and getting out from… Cons: Middle manage is same fools that allowed firm to fail, allworried that Thain will get rid of them he seems… Advice to Senior Management: Get rid of the nest of Snaks you have as… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on CIT.

Worked for CIT? Contribute to the Community!