There are newer employer reviews for CIT

CIT Rail rewards results, takes risks promoting internal candidates to new opportunities.

Current Employee - Vice President
Current Employee - Vice President

I have been working at CIT full-time

Pros

With an established practice of hiring internally to fill top positions and filling lower positions externally, CIT Rail is an excellent place to grow and have a career.

CIT Rail is very difficult to get into, the compay hires only the very best and brightest people it can find so you're always working with people you can respect and that respect you. Fit (group dynamic) is just as important as formal qualifications in the interview process so it's actually a fun environment to work in.

CIT Rail managment respects work life balance, I work very reasonable hours and as long as my work gets done very well, my manager allows me a lot of freedom with my time.

Cons

The onboarding process at CIT can be a bit slow, but it's definitely worth the wait.

When everyone on your team is smart, hard working, and looking to impress it can be difficult to stand out. Managment is cognisant of the fact that its working with the cream of the crop, expectations are very high but accomplishments are definitely rewarded.

CIT has become a bank holding company. For those of us who were here before, the environment feels more tightly controlled, less free, more guarded. I've heard from others who worked at other banks before or who have since moved to other banks, CIT Rail feels more laid back and relaxed than other banks though it is adequately controlled.

reviews filtered by
  1. Was a great company before bankruptcy in 2009. Now the focus is on shareholder approval and cutting expenses.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Livingston, NJ

I worked at CIT full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The people that work there are genuinely good people. The location is convientent for those that drive

Cons

The senior management is lousy, It appears the company is trimming cost to sell the company. Leasing is not the most exciting industry to work in.

Advice to Management

focus on adding revenue and not cutting expenses

Low Morale in IT Department

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Livingston, NJ

I worked at CIT full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

many people stay at CIT for a long time

Cons

IT Department has had multiple layoffs in recent years leading to low morale and fears of total outsourcing of IT. Culture is focused on compliance and not technology. limited room for internal growth. majority of high-level positions have gone to new hires and not internal candidates. Business has low regard for IT department and thinks of them as an expense only.

There are newer employer reviews for CIT