A temporary employee through Kelly Services. Last year at employer 2009

Former Contractor - Administrative Assistant in Livingston, NJ
Former Contractor - Administrative Assistant in Livingston, NJ

I worked at CIT as a contractor

Pros

They appeared to have a lot of strengths and were organized. Decent pay. At the time that I was there in the Livingston office they had a good chef in their cafeteria and the price of lunch was not expensive. After he left it still was pretty decent. The department that I worked in was pretty clean looking with cubicles that was were decently spacious and lightly colored. I believe that room was newly done. I was treated nicely and the employees seemed to have community like mentality and seemed to help one another. Monthly they would have birthday celebrations with a cake ordered by the Admin for employees that were the born in that particular month. For Christmas, even though I was only a temp, they gave me a $50.00 gift card, and I was only assisting on certain things.

Cons

I would have to think about it.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. All about facetime

Former Employee - Human Resources in Livingston, NJ
    Former Employee - Human Resources in Livingston, NJ

I worked at CIT full-time (More than a year)

Pros

CIT is a large global financial institution across several markets--good opportunities to grow. Headquarters are in NJ but in NYC as well.

Cons

All about the facetime - work life doesn't matter to mgmt as this company is typically a vacation away from the more competitive banking. While everyone has laptops, old school mgmt looks down if there are empty seats at 6 pm even on Friday nights in the summer

Advice to Management

Need a better career proposition to keep strong talent other than ' these hours are better then Merrill'

2. Good people, but management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at CIT full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people are fantastic! Really great, intelligent people.

Cons

The company is struggling with who they want to be and what the areas of focus are. Plus there is still a lot of apathy from bankruptcy. Senior management is not in touch with all of the businesses.

Advice to Management

Put the businesses first.