There are newer employer reviews for CIT

In search of something more challenging

Current Employee - Contract Specialist  in  Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Contract Specialist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at CIT

Pros

The people. I am very luckly to work with such professional, friendly, and helpful colleagues.

Cons

The salary is measly. Granted I just graduated from college, but many of my friends who also work in the finance industry are already earning more.

Senior management is phenomenal here. They are very approachable and socialble with their employees. Our company's division is runs very efficiently and our customer satisfaction and profit records show this.

124 Other Employee Reviews for CIT (View Most Recent)

Going Down the Tubes

Current Employee - Managing Director  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Managing Director in New York, NY

I have been working at CIT

Pros

They bribed me to join the company. It is currently in turnaround mode. There is not that much pressure as so many people in the company are not currently performing.

Cons

Company is currently in distress. Without access to the unsecured credit markets, it is tough to originate new loans. The company is too large for its present level of business activity and it needs to be severely downsized. Thus, working there is a constant uphill battle if you are actually trying to deliver results. There is a general malaise among employees.

Sell the company soon to someone that has cheaper access to funds.

Amazing

Former Employee - Project Coordinator  in  Burlington, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Burlington, ON (Canada)

I worked at CIT full-time for more than a year

Pros

CIT is a great a place to work ... the management is really supportive for wanting to learn more, supportive of ideas to make things better and overall great place to be.

Cons

CIT deals with a lot of boring content, contracts, processing contract and the such, a lot of the roles in Burlington at least are very mundane, nothing too exciting. and the air in the building is so dry it feels like its sucking the life out of you.

make it more interesting to work there

There are newer employer reviews for CIT

Worked for CIT? Contribute to the Community!