There are newer employer reviews for CIT

Don't bother, if CIT survives it may not be of any value to work there.

Former Employee - Vice President of Information Technology  in  Livingston, NJ
Former Employee - Vice President of Information Technology in Livingston, NJ

I worked at CIT

Pros

Technology is leading edge. Some of the front line technologists left are very highly skilled. Most have left or were outsourced to India.

Cons

Outsourcing culture. Senior management is very susceptible to group think. Like minded individuals with poor management, decision, and communication skills who surround themselves with individuals with poor management, decision, and communication skills.

You have lost the company's trust. Decisions that were made to make CIT a Fortune 200 company have backfired and now the company is trying to survive during this financial crisis.

121 Other Employee Reviews for CIT (View Most Recent)

In search of something more challenging

Current Employee - Contract Specialist  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Contract Specialist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at CIT

Pros

The people. I am very luckly to work with such professional, friendly, and helpful colleagues.

Cons

The salary is measly. Granted I just graduated from college, but many of my friends who also work in the finance industry are already earning more.

Senior management is phenomenal here. They are very approachable and socialble with their employees. Our company's division is runs very efficiently and our customer satisfaction and profit records show this.

Going Down the Tubes

Current Employee - Managing Director  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Managing Director in New York, NY

I have been working at CIT

Pros

They bribed me to join the company. It is currently in turnaround mode. There is not that much pressure as so many people in the company are not currently performing.

Cons

Company is currently in distress. Without access to the unsecured credit markets, it is tough to originate new loans. The company is too large for its present level of business activity and it needs to be severely downsized. Thus, working there is a constant uphill battle if you are actually trying to deliver results. There is a general malaise among employees.

Sell the company soon to someone that has cheaper access to funds.

There are newer employer reviews for CIT

Worked for CIT? Contribute to the Community!