There are newer employer reviews for CITGO

Good Place

I have been working at CITGO

Pros

It was overall a pretty good place to work. The pay was good as well as the people. I liked it.

Cons

There were long hours, and sometimes the people weren't too nice. I hope to find a better place to work in the future.

I liked the leadership overall. I thought they did a good job, and I hope to lead in the future.

reviews filtered by
  1. This a very good company for work/life balance.

I have been working at CITGO full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The 9/80 work schedule, health benefits/healthy living incentives, 401K match and pension you won't find many other places anymore, laid back work environment overall although not in every department. The people are overall friendly. People are active in their community and volunteering. Some consider it a 'CITGO family'.

Cons

The lack of upward mobility for even 'high' achieving employeess is really discouraging causing good employees to eventually leave in order to advance their career. Negotiate what you want salary wise when you come on board because you will be stuck in the same pay band for a long time regardless of performance. Not the company to come work for if you are looking for high compensation.

More internal promotions are needed. There are a lot of valuable employee talents that are being under appreciated and under utilitzed. It makes it very difficult for those who like the company to stay long term and have a career. Most who leave do so because of compensation, lack of promotion or bad managers.

2. great place to work

Former Employee - Store Manager in Bradenton, FL
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Bradenton, FL

I worked at CITGO full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

moderate pay but opportunity for advancing

Cons

lots of hours but times passes fast.

offer bonus