CITGO

Great learning opportunity

Former Employee - Analyst in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Analyst in Houston, TX

I worked at CITGO

Pros

The opportunities, there is so much to do in this company. They work to make sure you learn a great deal and give you the opportunity to move around to various places. There are also ample chances to work within different groups and among different groups.

Cons

The culture, there is very little that people strive towards, a lot of people just come to work and do their responsibilties and nothing more. Another downside is that they are normally not willing to pay what other companies in the industry pay. They look to get their employees for less up front and then train them well, and then people usually leave for more money.

Listen more to the employees, they are the company, there seems to be way to much heirarchy in the company.

40 Other Employee Reviews for CITGO (View Most Recent)

A Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Human Resources Consultant
    Current Employee - Human Resources Consultant

I have been working at CITGO full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

CITGO is very fast paced fun and rewarding company. CITGO is good at treating their employees in a valuable manner. The company is diversed having people from different nationalities. They emphazise the importance of team work. They value discipline and management style is flexible, proactive, efficient and respectful. Understanding their employees needs. Training is an important part of the company strategies. Work time is very flexible. Multiculturalism is present everyday making working at CITGO nice and interesting. They encourage Social responsibility as an important part of the company values

Cons

It is difficult to comply with deadlines, there is a lot of pressure to meet demands. Multicultural enviroment sometimes can be an anoying when vision and mision cannot be fully defined and understood

I thought it was a fun job, and I worked for a wonderful family!

Former Employee - Cashier
    Former Employee - Cashier

I worked at CITGO

Pros

I thought that my time at citgo was rewarding. I worked for a wonderful family that did a wonderful job at recognizing their employees and instilling a great work ethic.

Cons

I wish that I had more of an opportunity to move up during my time as an employee. I also think that we should have had more training to fix problems, other than the store manager.

I think that this is a great company to work for. I appreciate the flexibility of the company was fantastic.

There are newer employer reviews for CITGO