CLARCOR

www.clarcor.com

Positive Experience - Corporate Office

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Franklin, TN
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

Pros

I enjoy the people I work with, both in-office and remotely at the various business units. I find my work challenging but manageable. We have a very nice office space with plenty of windows/natural light.

Cons

The culture is very old-school/traditional. With the new CEO things have eased up slightly - we are allowed to wear jeans on Fridays now, but the "business casual" dress code still applies to shoes/tops so it's not quite a "Casual Friday" atmosphere.

All the upper-management is extremely approachable. It was intimidating to be surrounded by VPs when I first began but everyone has proven to be very friendly.

Other reviews for CLARCOR

Can't believe I wasted so much time here...

Former Employee - Assembly Line  in  Jeffersonville, IN
    Former Employee - Assembly Line in Jeffersonville, IN

Pros

It was a Stable job. Weekly pay was the best part! I Enjoyed work when things ran smoothly.

Cons

This pace is an absolute joke.
    -If you are a woman, there is NO opportunity for growth at all. They will jerk you around and tell you things you want to hear, then flat out deceive you and act like nothing happened.
    -IF you even get a raise, it will be about $0.30 every year.
    -Most management is awful. Even up to high floor management, will cuss, bash you in front of your department or to other employees, and yell at you but will deny it if you go to HR. Nothing is done to management but a slap on the wrist, if that. They will get rid of good employees who ask questions and try to get a better work environment.
    - Attendance policy is terrible.
    - HR doesn't care with NO open door policy. (They say they do, but having experience being harassed by upper management, HR did nothing to help me. )
    - Benefits are poor and so expensive.
    - job was very stressful because of terrible scheduling conflicts. We would often not have things needed to complete a job. Then we would be punished and told it was our fault for not changing over quick of enough.
    - lack of acknowledgement. No matter how good you do, it's almost impossible to get a "good job" out of anyone.
    - Machines are bad quality and break down often. Most are rigged and pieced together, and are very frustrating. Engineers would often be on the floor to improve machines, but wouldn't listen to a thing the operators, who work it everyday, had to say.

Fix management problems and raise moral. I enjoyed the work, when everything went well, and tried my best when it wasn't but they don't seem to care for employees. Listen to employees and take advice of them.

Good but not secure

Former Employee - Regional Manager  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Regional Manager in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

Decent pay, good friends, manager was not bad, not that good either.

Cons

Laid off when downturn even the Chairman said they would not lay off sales people. Laid off without any warning, very short term outlook.

There are newer employer reviews for CLARCOR.

Worked for CLARCOR? Contribute to the Community!