Program Specialist

Current Employee - Program Specialist
Current Employee - Program Specialist

I have been working at CLEAResult full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great atmosphere, HR very friendly

Cons

Chaotic at times, unsure future

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Demotivating and Frustrating Management! They Don't Set Up Employees for Success.

I have been working at CLEAResult full-time

Pros

I love what I do. I love going out in the field, helping clients/program participants, and challenging myself to find solutions. I really feel like I make a difference with every project I process. The work is very interesting. Several of my co-workers have been warm and pleasant to work with. Some very helpful in teaching me how to do my job and learning the ins and outs of the different programs.

Cons

Overall very demotivating and frustrating work environment and culture - management says one thing yet expects another. Unreasonable goals, lack of resources/equipment to do work, and insufficient staff to support projects. In my business unit, it feels like management takes more of a reactive approach instead of a preventative one. Favoritism is prevalent, especially in how southern natives are treated versus employees from non-southern states. Have experienced and witnessed prejudice behavior based on "home state", gender, race, and educational backgrounds. I have witnessed and experienced current manager micromanage, play favorites, then attempt to bully me and others during meetings. A representative of management recently tried to make me feel bad for going to HR when I had concerns. Constant issue of miscommunication or lack of communication between management and employees. Lack of consistency in enforcing processes which leads to misunderstanding between co-workers and industry partners on how something should be done. For me, training to do my job was a sink or swim fiasco. Another tragic thing is most of the new program info comes through the "grapevine" instead of an official roll-out. Horrible custom software with more problems than solutions. If you travel for CLEAResult, expenses are out of your own pocket for most field employees. It is not uncommon for me to spend hundreds of dollars per month on travel expenses. At one point, I had over $1k of expenses pending reimbursement. Employees uncertain on how much of their personal money will be repaid from work related travel because CLEAResult currently does not have an official travel policy. Right now, its up to management's discretion. Rumor has it an official travel policy might come out in late 2014. Lastly, after filing an expense report, it can take 1.5 to 4+ weeks to get reimbursement checks.

Advice to Management

Set-up your people for success instead of being one more road block preventing them from achieving annual goals. Inspire your employees to keep going the extra mile for the company and its clients instead of making them feel unsupported and unappreciated. Have managers get to know their people's available skillsets and experience - especially during times of restructuring. So many of us are under utilized by our managers. Do more employee appreciation events that can help foster a united team culture and counter the ridiculous prejudices I witnessed and experienced. Before promoting someone who has never officially managed, get them training on how to be good managers or hire people from the outside with the right experience and personality. Stop thinking about your bonuses and hire the staff needed to actually meet your lofty goals. It doesn't matter if CLEAResult has the highest goals in the nation if it doesn't have enough employees (and equipment) to accomplish all of them. If management doesn't change its current approach then CLEAResult will inevitably suffer a high turn-over rate and lose productivity and historical knowledge. I truly hope CLEAResult evolves to be a more caring and fair employer to ALL it's employees. Unforunately, as of right now, I would not recommend this company to a friend.

Does not care about the employees

Current Employee - Data Entry in East Lansing, MI
    Current Employee - Data Entry in East Lansing, MI

I have been working at CLEAResult full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The other entry level people were fun

Cons

They hire and fire temps only and do not hire on in order to avoid paying benefits, higher wages etc. As a temp you cannot call in sick or take a day off or you are fired. The mangers have no clue what is going on and the lack of communication is equivalent to an office full of blind and deaf people. Nothing is consistent. You cannot trust any of the managers, who will go behind your back with someone you told them to make themselves look better. Stay away.

Advice to Management

Hire managers who actually listen to and care about their employees.