There are newer employer reviews for CMA CGM America

Great people

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Norfolk, VA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at CMA CGM America

Pros

Very good benefits and management. Always trying to improve processes and procedures.

Cons

Since HQ is in France, a good majority of decisions are made there. The french have a stuffiness to there attitude that makes dealing with them unpleasent.

26 Other Employee Reviews for CMA CGM America (View Most Recent)

Cma Cgm is a highly negative place to work that is super political.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Norfolk, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

I worked at CMA CGM America

Pros

The starting pay is decent, and the benefits package is pretty good. I met some pretty cool people there. I also learned a lot about working in a corporate environment.

Cons

This is the most political place I have ever worked. If you don't have an inside person to pull some strings for you, then your career advancement is null. The atmosphere is constantly negative and stressful. The employees don't get praise for good work, but rather the management is quick to point out negative feedback only. Also, there is a lot of favoritism shown to certain employees, and special benefits are given to those employees. The management has no professionalism. Deception is somewhat expected of management and reinforced by the corporate culture.

Offer a balanced approach to feedback, and teach management how to be managers and take care of all of their people, not just their favorites.

Recognizable company with strict corporate structure

Current Employee - Customer Service  in  Norfolk, VA
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at CMA CGM America

Pros

The benefits are very good, at an entry level position you receive 21 days paid time off and 12 paid holidays. Visually appealing office building. Cubicles have short walls to create interactive evironment.

Cons

This specific job is very repetitive. Stressful job with no time for breaks between interactions with customers. Tied to your desk feeling at all times.

There are newer employer reviews for CMA CGM America

Worked for CMA CGM America? Contribute to the Community!