CME Group

www.cmegroup.com

This organization has changed dramatically!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsExcellent work/life balance. Fantastic salaries - definitely within market range. Continually evolving technology - we are definitely using the latest/best practices, tools and techniques. Great location within the city, perfect for commuting.

Cons--- Outsourcing key development positions
--- Trimming stateside head count in dramatic numbers
--- No room for advancement
--- Overall direction is no longer clear
--- Sadly, we are no longer encourging talented people to stay. High turn over ratio within the company
--- No management training - they are moving individuals into management positions that they are completely unqualified for but they are not providing them with the skills [advanced training] to succeed. This driving talented people out of the company to escape bad management. When a stateside employee exits, we replace them with off shores consultants.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease take a fresh look at your management team. Your leaders are no longer fostering a cohesive/collective vision. We no longer seem to be developing to market demands or working to stay competitive within the market place.

Internship during summer 2012 at CME

Technology Specialist (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

I worked at CME Group as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Very good team and good learning experience Cons: none , they dont have any cons Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Looks good on a resume... if you can survive 2 years

Analyst (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

I have been working at CME Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: -Resume builder -Benefits (tuition reimbursement, decent insurance) Cons: -Very poor pay relative to similar jobs in industry -Very poor… Advice to Senior Management: Treat the people who are actually doing all the real work better and learn how to manage people. Abuse and disrespect don't encourage… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on CME Group.

Worked for CME Group? Contribute to the Community!