CME Group

www.cmegroup.com
  www.cmegroup.com
There are newer employer reviews for CME Group

Bureaucracy is strong with this one...

Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at CME Group full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Working with the latest technology tools.

Cons

Always going after the shiniest new technology with little regard for how to run and maintain what we already have.

I know Financial Services is a conservative industry but I want to see some bold leadership and decision making WITHOUT the need for a committee. Make a decision for your team, communicate the direction well, and then get out of the way.

182 Other Employee Reviews for CME Group (View Most Recent)

Former Employee

I worked at CME Group

Pros

Nice place to work, Lively environment. Helpful teammates.

Cons

Sometimes works gets monotonous and tiring. Saturday testing becomes difficult at times.

Trading Floor jobs. No advancement, bully tactics and disrespectful managers/ hostile work environment.

Former Employee - Supervisor in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Chicago, IL

I worked at CME Group full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good salary and the benefits were great.

Cons

Too many layers of management. I was a supervisor for more that 15 years. I was a supervisor in name only because i had no authority to do anything. I was a consistent high performer. I was a company man and always went above and beyond and was not able to advance. Legacy CME were given more opportunity and time to advance. I was micromanaged by a controlling manager that watched my every move. She disrespected and belittled me in front of trading floor staff. I feel i was respected by my AD and my AD was awesome and fair but my manager always bullied me tried to make me look bad. When my AD was off she made my life miserable. My direct reports noticed the way she treated me as well. I left my job because of my manager.The PMP process is a joke. I was forced to change the ratings of good performers so that other well liked people could get better bonuses/ratings. I was also spied on by legacy CME peers in the office and trading floor. If you are not liked by the inner circle of senior management you will not be successful here. A very high degree of favoritism within upper management. Tons of backstabbing between peers.

ADs need to be connected to managers better. Some trading floor managers will belittle and disrespect supervisors in front of staff. Take a good look at the financial floor managers because they will cause good qualified people to leave. Give supervisors more authority over direct reports in regards to the PMP process.

There are newer employer reviews for CME Group