There are newer employer reviews for CMIT

CMIT was the first place I worked where I felt like I was really moving my career forward.

Current Intern - Marketing Intern in Austin, TX
Current Intern - Marketing Intern in Austin, TX

I have been working at CMIT as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

CMIT is extremely flexible with hours, every time I have a conflict, I just let my manager know how I want to move my schedule around for the week, and that's that! I've never been told "No, that doesn't work, you have to be here during that time." The people I work with on a daily basis are really what makes the job such a good experience, everyone's a team player, and they really put a lot of faith in me as an intern. I actually asked to extend my internship into the fall semester and arranged my classes so that I could stay longer. I now manage a database and send out emails to a list of over 100k prospects - as an intern, it's amazing working at a company that has that kind of faith in your work.

Cons

There can be a lot of responsibility and pressure - CMIT is a franchise, which means that all of the franchise partners constantly have their eyes on you and your work.

Advice to Management

Internal communication needs some work, but it's made improvements since I've been here!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Good small business franchise.

Former Employee - Intern in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Intern in Raleigh, NC

I worked at CMIT

Pros

CMIT is a franchise that does small business support, it depends on who runs the store but there is strong national support.

Cons

Mainly small business clients, if that isn't you cup of tea then you will not enjoy it as much.

2. Sr. Network Engineer

I worked at CMIT full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Extremely flexible, clients are treated with respect, employees with dignity. CMIT is a franchised based business model and supplies NOC based support through Continuum - this makes the IT support role easy to mange with current and up to date tools.

Cons

Pay is a bit lower than the industry average, one must want to work for this company because of the good they can accomplish.

Advice to Management

Sometimes need better planning to support projects. Technicians need to hear when they are doing a good job as well and waiting for a yearly review to address problems is not a good idea.