There are newer employer reviews for CMP Media

Boring, stable, and not to tech savvy

Former Employee - Web Developer in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Web Developer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at CMP Media

Pros

It was a good enough job, without too much pressure. People were by and large friendly, benies were good. They didn't expect too much of their technical staff which allowed me to learn quite a bit, even though I had to initiate it all. It would have been a great place to calcify, not learn anything, go home on time every single day, that sort of thing.

Cons

Not a place to innovate, not a place to push yourself or others to do fantastic things.

You need better technical managers, first off. People involved with the business, who know the business, but who can spearhead technology in a professional way. There's a very garage-y approach and I think it hurts the company.

21 Other Employee Reviews for CMP Media (View Most Recent)

Do NOT work for this company unless you enjoy frustration, and banging your head against walls

Current Employee - Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director in New York, NY

I have been working at CMP Media

Pros

If you cant find another job, then perhaps, but only then

Cons

My career has actually regressed since working at CMP, and I am paid less than i was 5 years ago, if you factor in cost of living.

Let people do the jobs they are paid to do, and not everyone elses.
    too many people make decisions that are irrelevant to their jobs, and hinder
    others from doing their jobs well.

CMP- Great people to work with in an environment of uncertainty

Former Employee - Sales Assistant in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Assistant in San Francisco, CA

I worked at CMP Media

Pros

Great opportunity to network. The people who work there are generally really dedicated and great to work with. Very intelligent group of individuals.

Cons

Compensation offered tends to be less than that of competitors. Unstable work environment due to constant changes. Salary doesn't increase greatly over time.

Communicate with your employees more about potential changes within company BEFORE they arise. Spend more time with your employees and less time with other senior managers.

There are newer employer reviews for CMP Media