CNA

www.cna.com

Great location and work life balance; bully leadership.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGreat location in the Chicago loop. Good work life balance and can easily work from home occasionally. Fairly compensated with a good number of company holidays.

ConsLots of petty kingdom building by senior leaders. Too many bullies at senior leadership levels. Company states that people are an important asset but I am sure that if the executives saw what was happening at one or two levels below them, they would be shocked. Lots of valuable money and time wasted on dealing with these bad leadership behaviors.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean house at the VP and SVP levels. Just because someone knows a lot about a certain area doesn't make them a good leader.

Overall, My experience has been great

Claims Specialist (Current Employee)

I have been working at CNA full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: A good size company with lots of room for growth if you reside or… Cons: Your manager can break or make you…you’ll have to suck-up… Advice to Senior Management: Top-heavy organization. Too many layers of management. It feels like… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

ineffective Management

Business Analyst (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

I worked at CNA full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Great Chicago location Decent benefits (but getting less good) On site… Cons: Very top heavy hierarchy with no genuine leadership. CEO Motomed's expense "controls" focus on direct costs only and ignore indirect ones, such as outsourcing of… Advice to Senior Management: Obviously, eliminate layers on senior management. HUGE culture change… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on CNA.

Worked for CNA? Contribute to the Community!