CNA

www.cna.com
  www.cna.com
There are newer employer reviews for CNA

Financial Analayst

I have been working at CNA

Pros

Good Company for a break in corporate world...

Cons

Personally it's not that easy to move around or grove in this type of industry... more competitive environment..

210 Other Employee Reviews for CNA (View Most Recent)

Not the best, not the worst

Former Employee - Director in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Director in Chicago, IL

I worked at CNA full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits, great 401k plan

Cons

Culture can be unpleasant in some departments

Too many personal agendas for the organization to function as a team

Horrific place to be!!! Very hostile environment!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at CNA as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Unfortunately, I have no pros about this company whatsoever.

Cons

I have never seen discrimination to this magnitude. My first week here was a nightmare. I was thrown in to sink or swim and had no adequate training. Spoken to without dignity or respect as a professional. Overworked and underpaid. The management doesn't value employees but label you as a number instead. Its a constant revolving door around here. One slight mistake and they are out for blood which is your job. I'm interviewing as we speak and will never consider anyone to work here. The processes in place are completely terrible. There are a lot of meeting with no real resolutions. When I came in here there were 2 people who where in the process of leaving and now 2 weeks later another 2 is leaving. I have only been here for 60 days and ready to run. I have to say that this was the biggest mistake in my career and I'm completely mortified. I came from work environments that were pleasant with positive reinforcement. You were compensated for hard work and accomplishments. I have never seen so many AVP's and SVP's that have no one that report to them, completely incompetent and look down on people with smaller titles. They are big on titles and small on hard work of others. Nevertheless, for those that are considering an opportunity with this circus please reconsider. You have more clowns in here than real people. Don't make the mistake that I did with the big pretty building and the lake view. When I read all of the bad reviews, I knew I was not going crazy here. I'm so grateful to stumble on this site. To have real people on here that feel the same way and to voice it is amazing. I didn't get a degree and have 15 years of experience to be not treated like this. The employees that work here need to put a serious lawsuit in for discrimination.

Clean house from the top. Value your employees, make some serious upgrades to the technology and start a business approach that makes sense.

There are newer employer reviews for CNA