CNA
www.cna.com Chicago, IL 5000+ Employees

Progressive Company Growing To Greatness

Director (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

ProsCNA is a company comprised of diversely talented, forward-thinking, positive people. A new CEO from Chubb, Tom Motamed, has increased CNA's growth model to attempt to become the number one commercial carrier in the industry. CNA offers a wonderful benefits package and awards annual bonuses to all employees based on the company's annual monetary performance. CNA is headquartered in downtown Chicago and is close to wonderful restaurants and entertainment when one has to travel into Home Office. Technology is constantly being upgraded with internal employee input, and internal employee communication between departments has been greatly improved after considering employee feedback. I have been promoted several times in a relatively short period of time and find that it is easier to climb the ladder here than at other companies. It is a pay-for-performance mentality, as work should be. Slackers are not tolerated.

ConsThe environment can be stressful, in that it is such a highly charged pay-for-performance culture. There is a lot of red tape to make claims decisions. There are a lot of policies and procedures in place to orchestrate business...so much so it can be difficult to get an adjusting job done.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work. Since being at CNA I have seen wonderful improvement in all aspects of the company. I am proud to work at CNA.

A Joke

Business Development Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at CNA

Pros: The location and benefits are OK, but the new leadership and multitude… Cons: High expectations for employees but no support to achieve. There are so many processes and outmoded technologies that most employees are handicapped at trying to… Advice to Senior Management: Get a new CEO and leaders who know what they're… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

In search of inspirational leadership and innovation.

I have been working at CNA

Pros: Competitive salary. Good mix of talent. Cons: Senior Management changes every 5-7 years and so does the strategy. Management changed again in 2009 and organization still in limbo after 15 months.… Advice to Senior Management: We need strong Leaders that inspire with vision and innovation. The "old school" Managemenet approach of "do this" and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on CNA.

Worked for CNA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CNA reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CNA CEO Tom Motamed. All reviews posted anonymously by CNA employees.