CNA
www.cna.com Chicago, IL 5000+ Employees

Disappointed in outsourcing

Chicago, IL

I have been working at CNA

ProsSalary is very good, benefits are fantastic, work life balance is good, you are able to work from home if needed, overall the benefits are great.

ConsCNA is moving to a "managed services" model and therefore outsourcing the entire IT department. Hundreds of people are losing their jobs, and while they wait for their time to run out must train the people taking over their jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementI expect that the managed services model will fail and in a few years CNA will be searching for employees to come back to the IT department.

this is the insurance company to work for

New York, NY

I have been working at CNA

Pros: the company seems to be moving in the right direction. the new leadership team in chicago is growing the business by focusing on our… Cons: the computer systems are quite dated, especially our internal financial systems. nonetheless,… Advice to Senior Management: continue to do the good job you're doing. we feel very confident… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Place is stagnating

Vice President (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

I worked at CNA

Pros: Some strong talent in pockets across the organization Cons: Invisible executive management - anticipate turn-over in the next 12-24 months - just… Advice to Senior Management: Consultants and Committees are no substitute for leadership No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on CNA.

Worked for CNA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CNA reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CNA CEO Tom Motamed. All reviews posted anonymously by CNA employees.