CNA

www.cna.com
There are newer employer reviews for CNA

Disappointed in outsourcing

I have been working at CNA

Pros

Salary is very good, benefits are fantastic, work life balance is good, you are able to work from home if needed, overall the benefits are great.

Cons

CNA is moving to a "managed services" model and therefore outsourcing the entire IT department. Hundreds of people are losing their jobs, and while they wait for their time to run out must train the people taking over their jobs.

I expect that the managed services model will fail and in a few years CNA will be searching for employees to come back to the IT department.

215 Other Employee Reviews for CNA (View Most Recent)

CNA used to be so so much more. Sad.

I have been working at CNA

Pros

good PTO, especially after 5, 10, 20 years (but who stays this long?)
    good 401K match
    37.5 hours per week does not really ever happen, but it's a nice guideline

Cons

incompetent senior managment
    hostile work atmosphere
    people "disappearing" despite of supposed "no layoffs" in actuarial
    absurd bonus structure and "performance requirements" changes
    business travel eliminated (unless you want to pay for it out of your own pocket)

everyone is now earning less to save the company money, how about the CEO reduces his $10M pay, and how about all executives take a paycut...
    We would like to know that when you are talking about lowering the expense ratio, you really mean it.

this is the insurance company to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at CNA

Pros

the company seems to be moving in the right direction. the new leadership team in chicago is growing the business by focusing on our strengths and our superior customer service. the company is doing its part to ensure that its employees have in place the support they need to make the customer experience the best it can be.
    management in my department is extremely understand of the work to life balance and they give lots of time off and are very good about allowing people to work remotely from home.

Cons

the computer systems are quite dated, especially our internal financial systems. nonetheless, they do perform the functions intended, and they are constantly updating the systems.

continue to do the good job you're doing. we feel very confident about the direction in which you're taking the company.
    continue to upgrade computer systems.

There are newer employer reviews for CNA