CNET Networks
www.cnet.com San Francisco, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

CNET is an awesome place to work

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Louisville, KY

ProsCNET is a great place to work, complete with a diverse set of brands to work with, and a wide range of types of work to do. It is a company full of kind, intelligent people that know how to get things done, and has one of the best work environments that I've ever had the opportunity to experience. The work I've been doing here so far has helped me expand as a developer, and has taught me many new things about web technologies. The best part is, I'm not finished yet, so I have plenty of time to learn more!

ConsI haven't been here for very long, but I can't think of any downsides at all! The only thing I could possibly think of is the distance from where I live, but that probably doesn't even count.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou're doing a great job!

CNet taking a dive

Account Manager (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

I have been working at CNET Networks

Pros: Vacations, benefits & the poeple in lower management. Cons: Upper management is totally out of touch with reality. They emphasize… Advice to Senior Management: Wake up. Pay your talent and stop putting money… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

As a company, Cnet hasn't articulated a vision that people can implement.

Data Encoder (Former Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

I worked at CNET Networks

Pros: Aside from mass lay-offs, they hardly ever fire people. It's a… Cons: Aside from mass lay-offs, they hardly ever fire people. It's a frustrating place to work if… Advice to Senior Management: They should have an actual vision for the company and realize that catchy slogans do not a business plan make. They don't understand what people… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on CNET Networks.

Worked for CNET Networks? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CNET Networks reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CNET Networks CEO Jim Lanzone. All reviews posted anonymously by CNET Networks employees.