There are newer employer reviews for CNI

Work for CNI at the Norman office

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Norman, OK
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norman, OK

I have been working at CNI full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

CNI is a wonderful company to work for. They are a company dedicated to integrity in their business practices. They have a strong and supportive Executive Management team that provides employees an opportunity and a path move up within the organization. They care about their employees and foster a family environment within the organization. CEO David Nimmo is second to none. He has a real fervor for the company and its employees. I would absolutely recommend this employer to a friend.

Cons

My roundtrip commute is almost 80 miles per day. Other than that fact, there really are no "Cons". I would not continue to make that drive if I did not enjoy the company, management and employees.

33 Other Employee Reviews for CNI (View Most Recent)

I love this company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Norman, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norman, OK

I have been working at CNI full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have never worked for a better company!!! Everyone is so friendly! Not one person has ever yelled in any situation. At my last job, the President regularly cussed out employees and often had people crying at their desks. NOT SO here. It is a laid-back place to work and everyone is supportive.

Vacation and personal days accrual are extremely generous. Compensation is well above what I expected, and I was surprised to learn that my position was almost $10K more than what I was willing to work for.

The building is incredibly modern and also beautiful, as are the grounds. It is nestled in a wooded area and I often see wildlife pulling in to work! State-of-the-art conference rooms, huge kitchen area, beautiful bathrooms, and break rooms in every area.

The leadership is amazing. I'm actually honored to work for such a humble leader as our CEO. My immediate boss is also incredibly supportive of employees and is completely approachable as well as humorous.

I've recommended several positions here to others. I've never had a job where I really WANT to come to work, until now! This has become my second family.

What more can I say? You should come work here, too!

Cons

There are few cons to working here. However, at every place you work, you will probably encounter people who are not a perfect match to your own personality. How you handle these people will be a testament to your own set of standards. A smile and a genuine concern for their position will go far in bridging the gap.

A large company that feels like a small company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Norman, OK
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norman, OK

I worked at CNI full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Really enjoyed the environment. It's pretty laid back and the hours are fairly flexible. It felt like a small company, but was fairly diverse and there were locations all over the US. I'm going to miss the folks I worked with. Everyone was super friendly. Overall, one of my favorite places to work.

Cons

Not a lot of opportunity for growth. They are fairly flat in structure and don't expend any effort towards developing career paths. Once you are in a position, it's tough to move up.

Wish I could have had the opportunity to share ideas and issues with Upper Management. Need an avenue for sending/receiving feedback. Suggestion box?

There are newer employer reviews for CNI

Worked for CNI? Contribute to the Community!