CNL Software

www.cnlsoftware.com

Sinking Ship

(Former Employee)

ProsProduct is very powerful and could easily make CNL Software a profitable entity given the right management.

High pay for out of London business, with share options available which ultimately are worth nothing used to encourage staff to stay.

Often received small perks for working weekends, but feel this was done on favoritism rather than necessity for motivation.

Opportunity to travel the world

Some very committed individuals are keeping the company and spirit alive.

ConsDuring my time at CNL Software I had over 10 managers, often with long periods of other staff filling in whilst a replacement was found. With each manager comes new process' and management styles which leave staff struggling to adopt and demoralizing. Company-wide staff turnover was frankly a joke with people leaving/joining so fast that even within an office of 30 people names were not known.

Majority of long term key skilled staff have left leaving knowledge base all but gone. Key business ethics and values are derived from the CEO/founder who also employees 3 other family members who don’t use English to communicate when in the office which I found extremely rude.

The product was market leader a long time ago, however through high management turnover, lack of product/company leadership, innovation and an experienced product manager they have fallen so far behind I’m not optimistic they will ever recover.

Shortfalls and broken promises made by sales mean development and delivery teams are often under pressure to deliver the achievable in unrealistic timeframes, for this reason quality is over looked with development team in a reactive mode leaving innovation behind. Company oversight on good quality control means majority of the code base is untested and often needs to be re written.
Management have no concept of staff having a life out of CNL, myself and other were often given less than 24 hours’ notice for long international business trips.

No effort is given to staff development or training, after repeatedly requesting training from each manager during my period there, ultimately each request was blocked by finance and/or top management.

Every employee works well over the allocated weekly hours giving their best to make the company a success, stick and carrot method soon loses its appeal after prolonged periods leaving staff burned out and demotivated.
Left on my own accord.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust your employees they have the company's best interests at heart. Rather that employing anyone to manage a department, spend a little more an employee a professional who can potentially save the business

At one time it had great potential but now feel that the end is almost near

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Knaphill, England (UK)

I worked at CNL Software full-time for more than a year

Pros: Potential to earn lots of money. Worldwide travel. A… Cons: Unfortunately this company is doomed. They're too late to market with changes to their product and their core code base is fundamentally flawed. … Advice to Senior Management: How many people can leave, how many people can tell you what's wrong to your face before you… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Happy to have moved on.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at CNL Software full-time

Pros: Outside of London, the products potential. Cons: No benefits unless government mandated and shares are given to a select few rather than a company wide incentive which leads to low morale and… Advice to Senior Management: To have a clear plan for the direction of the product and create a company wide collaboration to achieve this. Rather than focus on… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on CNL Software.

Worked for CNL Software? Contribute to the Community!