CNL Software

www.cnlsoftware.com

Don't waste your time...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAttractive wage
Good stepping stone for young professionals looking to add some industry experience to their résumé.

ConsDon’t be fooled to thinking this a young hip IT start up, after reading all the hype on CNL’s website about being a ‘a world leader and global provider of Physical Security Information Management (PSIM) software and Integrated Situation Management’ I was excited to be working for a cutting edge company when In reality it’s an old office in a rundown industrial estate in a small pokey town (Knaphill) with no direct train or motorway links.
CNL claim to be Market leader however during my time at the company I saw the real market percentage being considerable less than perceived.

My time at CNL software was predominantly spent resolving product issues inherited from a poor untested original code base. All this effort detracts from adding innovation to the product offering, meaning CNL are not the market leader which they claim.

Unfortunately I feel this company is doomed, Broken promises have left many long term employees disgruntled which majority having now left and a quick Google you will find that even the ‘President of Americas has left’ leaving a rocky road ahead.
100% + staff turnover during my time should of rang alarm bells a lot sooner, being young I wasn’t aware how much greener the grass was on the other side.

Performance reviews, appraisals, pay reviews, bonuses… all are not part of company policy, high manager turnover means that there’s no one line manager who’s been in the position long enough to perform an annual review.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf the CEO would relinquish responsibility and allow managers and employees to guide the company it will make the world of difference

A good company to work for that gave me opportunity to apply and grow my skills.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at CNL Software full-time

Pros: Exciting products and customers. Opportunity to do work that really matters. A great team of likeminded people from different backgrounds. Relatively high salaries for the… Cons: Not for everyone, but where is? Work was often intense and demanding. Some people have quit because they couldn’t… Advice to Senior Management: Don’t delay correcting recruitment errors. Not everyone will turn out to be right and those that are not capable… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Sinking Ship

(Former Employee)

I worked at CNL Software full-time

Pros: Product is very powerful and could easily make CNL Software a profitable entity given the right management. High pay for out of London business, with share… Cons: During my time at CNL Software I had over 10 managers, often with long periods of other staff filling in whilst a replacement was found.… Advice to Senior Management: Trust your employees they have the company's best interests at heart. Rather that employing anyone to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on CNL Software.

Worked for CNL Software? Contribute to the Community!