CNL Software

www.cnlsoftware.com
  www.cnlsoftware.com
There are newer employer reviews for CNL Software

Terrible C level management have really blown the company

Former Employee - Senior Position
Former Employee - Senior Position

I worked at CNL Software full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Nice colleagues (most now gone), once great technology, interesting places and projects and some good opportunities. Interesting domain.

Cons

Terrible, terrible management from the c level. Zero trust, training, benefits, flexibility and life balance. Really pompous arrogant culture from c level management, worn down other members trying to do their best. Once great delivery and sales engineering teams have all quit. Don't take the last review as honest anyone looking for a job.

I would love to give some, but it's all been done.

17 Other Employee Reviews for CNL Software (View Most Recent)

Challenging product, bad management

Former Employee - Software Solutions Engineer in Knaphill, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Software Solutions Engineer in Knaphill, England (UK)

I worked at CNL Software full-time (less than an year)

Pros

In general software developers had good dev skill and product knowledge. Development process very close to Agile.

Cons

Lots of political games .. as usual, but a bit tOO MUCH comparing with the companies I used to work for. Company locate far away from any train station. No benefits.

More strong core development team need to be created. Development process need to be changed. Team size is too small for the product and development work. Managers should support developer more and understand product in more details.

Don't waste your time...

I worked at CNL Software (more than 3 years)

Pros

Attractive wage
    Good stepping stone for young professionals looking to add some industry experience to their résumé.

Cons

Don’t be fooled to thinking this a young hip IT start up, after reading all the hype on CNL’s website about being a ‘a world leader and global provider of Physical Security Information Management (PSIM) software and Integrated Situation Management’ I was excited to be working for a cutting edge company when In reality it’s an old office in a rundown industrial estate in a small pokey town (Knaphill) with no direct train or motorway links.
    CNL claim to be Market leader however during my time at the company I saw the real market percentage being considerable less than perceived.

My time at CNL software was predominantly spent resolving product issues inherited from a poor untested original code base. All this effort detracts from adding innovation to the product offering, meaning CNL are not the market leader which they claim.

Unfortunately I feel this company is doomed, Broken promises have left many long term employees disgruntled which majority having now left and a quick Google you will find that even the ‘President of Americas has left’ leaving a rocky road ahead.
    100% + staff turnover during my time should of rang alarm bells a lot sooner, being young I wasn’t aware how much greener the grass was on the other side.

Performance reviews, appraisals, pay reviews, bonuses… all are not part of company policy, high manager turnover means that there’s no one line manager who’s been in the position long enough to perform an annual review.

If the CEO would relinquish responsibility and allow managers and employees to guide the company it will make the world of difference

There are newer employer reviews for CNL Software