There are newer employer reviews for CNL Software

Worst company I've ever worked for.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knaphill, England (UK)
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knaphill, England (UK)

I worked at CNL Software full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

High tech product,
Great connections to other businesses in the UK,
No London commute necessary.
High salaries.

Cons

Absolutely awful dictatorial executive management, who like to play favorites.
Company is haemhoraging talent, very few staff with any deep product knowledge left.
Complete inability to deliver anything on time, even versions of their own product.

Advice to Management

Sell up, and let someone who knows what they're doing run the company.

I held on right till the end, but just couldn't swallow the false hype anymore. Stop pretending you're the big player, and accept that there are serious issues throughout the business, you're losing ground to your competitors, and no one is happy.

You're barely retaining the talent you have left, by paying well above market rates, and they'll be gone as soon as the coffers run out.

Stop strategically trying to massage the reviews here on Glassdoor, your ignorance of how the social web is demonstrative of your inability to grasp modern trends, which is why you still create software the way we did it in the 80s. I'd held off posting a review, until I saw the unbelievably rainbows and sunshine reviews appearing, and I'm afraid the truth must out.

reviews filtered by

Interesting and motivating, professionally rewarding

I worked at CNL Software full-time

Pros

What’s happening to the internet? Twitter, Facebook, forums, blogs and review sites are all filling up with people spouting their negative comments as if they were facts and mostly under a veil of anonymity.

I worked at CNL and know several who still do. There are lots of reasons for changing jobs and they’re not all bad. A young workforce is often a mobile one and priorities change over time. Buying a house, starting a family, having to move closer to grandparents or whatever.

I really liked working at CNL but things changed in my life and I quickly needed a higher paid job, which I managed to get thanks in parts to what I had learned there. No bad feelings from either side. My current job isn’t as fun and the commute a pain but I have to save for a deposit. Working closely with their security software I know its power first hand and many large customers in different countries clearly feel the same.

Cons

Work was often demanding but the complex customer problems I helped solve was also what motivated me. My new job doesn’t do that but I knew as much. What suits one person is not always right for another. Sites like these are by design not the most objective of places so make sure you do your own research.

Advice to Management

Only hire people with a can do attitude. Most other things can be taught.

Challenging product, bad management

Former Employee - Software Solutions Engineer in Knaphill, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Software Solutions Engineer in Knaphill, England (UK)

I worked at CNL Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

In general software developers had good dev skill and product knowledge. Development process very close to Agile.

Cons

Lots of political games .. as usual, but a bit tOO MUCH comparing with the companies I used to work for. Company locate far away from any train station. No benefits.

Advice to Management

More strong core development team need to be created. Development process need to be changed. Team size is too small for the product and development work. Managers should support developer more and understand product in more details.