CNL Software

www.cnlsoftware.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for CNL Software

A bad life experience - learnt a lot

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knaphill, England (UK)

I worked at CNL Software full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The product concept was very exciting.

Some lovely people to get to know.

Your forced to learn very quickly, a great place to develop people skills

Small office generally means you can find the people your looking for, unless your looking for management.

Cons

Extremely demotivating environment and management team.

The company needs a lot of work, there were no solid processes, the company spends its whole time fighting fires which makes for a very stressful environment.

The company hasn't got the strong foundation it needs to be the great company it was once capable of being. I've seen too many strong capable people come into that company and get crushed under the enormity of problems solving they are faces with without the tools the fix any of it. There are too many barriers in the current management for any manager to come in and make a difference, too many ego's.

100% staff turn over in 3 years

Stop trying to expand your company and instead work on getting your product stable. Look after your exciting customers instead of trying to acquire new ones.

Look after your staff, at the end of the day they are the ones that keep you in business. Stop blaming your staff for your short comings and instead look at the management. Remove the blind and see that only a small handful of people left because of family and other reasons and see that the majority left because they were fighting a losing battle for which they received no appreciation or acknowledgement.

Don't make favourites, you treated some members of staff above and beyond what I've known any other employer to do and by doing so you alienated them from their team and the rest of your staff, which resulted in their resignation also.

You should not complain to your staff about the things you don't like, you are management, if there is a problem, deal with it professionally.

Hire a cleaner! your staff are not cleaners and do not need the extra stress of being told off like school children then they make a mess.

Let your staff go home early on a Friday once in a while.
Being late isn't the end of the world, don't make a big deal of it.

Keith - Don't email your entire staff when your in a tizzy about something, it demotivates everyone!

Do not use the CCTV cameras to watch your staff, its wrong and demotivating - we know you did this!

MOST IMPORTANTLY - Take your bad reviews seriously, its hard not to get defensive but it could give you the opportunity to look at your company and how you can improve it, if you can set aside your ego's and admit that some of this might actually be your fault I believe that CNL might still have a chance but it will take a lot of time, money and back peddling.

There are a large number of us that have very deep scares left by CNL, we put in our blood sweat and tears for that company and now that we've left we're treated like spiteful children which is really sad.

17 Other Employee Reviews for CNL Software (View Most Recent)

Worst company I've ever worked for.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knaphill, England (UK)

I worked at CNL Software full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

High tech product,
    Great connections to other businesses in the UK,
    No London commute necessary.
    High salaries.

Cons

Absolutely awful dictatorial executive management, who like to play favorites.
    Company is haemhoraging talent, very few staff with any deep product knowledge left.
    Complete inability to deliver anything on time, even versions of their own product.

Sell up, and let someone who knows what they're doing run the company.

I held on right till the end, but just couldn't swallow the false hype anymore. Stop pretending you're the big player, and accept that there are serious issues throughout the business, you're losing ground to your competitors, and no one is happy.

You're barely retaining the talent you have left, by paying well above market rates, and they'll be gone as soon as the coffers run out.

Stop strategically trying to massage the reviews here on Glassdoor, your ignorance of how the social web is demonstrative of your inability to grasp modern trends, which is why you still create software the way we did it in the 80s. I'd held off posting a review, until I saw the unbelievably rainbows and sunshine reviews appearing, and I'm afraid the truth must out.

Don't believe the hype

I worked at CNL Software full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Exciting customers with interesting issues

Cons

Not much can be said about CNL that hasn’t already been said in the past reviews, the extremely high staff turnover is tribute to the lack of investment in staff training, poor company morals/values, non-existent benefits and lack of motivation (Intrinsic or extrinsic). High salary for out of London attracts employee’s short term but people soon realise that money isn’t everything, with only a handful number of long term employees remaining the talent pool is all but dry.
    I have read these reviews with great interest, having worked at CNL for some time it is clear to see the two reviews contradicting the rest by favouring the company by promoting claimed business success and criticising ex employee’s by suggesting they cant handle the pressure is obvious and shameful.
    This only shows that CNL is more interested in masking the problems than fixing them, clearly management are taking these reviews as some sort of a personal vendetta and not a wakeup call. Abusing the anonymity and openness of this platform by self-reviewing is a low.

Drastic changes are required to turn the future of this company around.

There are newer employer reviews for CNL Software