CNL Software

www.cnlsoftware.com

It could have been a great place to work.....

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Knaphill, England (UK)

ProsGreat customers, exceptional staff (some of them). If you live within 10 minutes of the offices in Knaphill it is an excellent commute. The diversity of customers provides an excellent environment in which to learn about integrated security solutions across key vertical markets. If you have experienced life in a boarding school, the military or other such establishment, then the daily doctrine will be a breeze for you.

ConsRidicule and confrontation are daily occurrences in the office; regardless of whether you are a senior manager; manager; long serving member of staff or newbie. I have certainly not come across the sort of behaviour deemed acceptable by the family owners of this business, in any other IT related company that I have worked for.

There is no such thing as a work - life balance at CNL, when you sign on the dotted line, you are giving your soul to the family cause. For instance, if during impromptu Q & A sessions, which can occur randomly on a daily basis without notice, you do not regurgitate answers to all questions posed to the satisfaction of the owners, be prepared for a verbal lashing. For at CNL, it is always some elses fault, and the fault always lies with the staff and not the family members!

They say you can judge a book by its cover. In the case of CNL, you only need turn the first page to see what is real vs. prophesied.

Advice to Senior ManagementAccept that you have weaknesses and are not infallible, and stop looking for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. It doesn't exist! The most important asset you have are your people, when three experienced members of staff leave in the space of a couple of weeks of each other, you need to accept the reasons why and change.

A bad life experience - learnt a lot

I worked at CNL Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The product concept was very exciting. Some lovely people to get to know. Your forced to learn very quickly, a great place… Cons: Extremely demotivating environment and management team. The company needs a lot of work, there were no solid processes, the company spends its whole time fighting… Advice to Senior Management: Stop trying to expand your company and instead work on getting your product stable. Look after your exciting customers instead of trying to acquire new… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Worst company I've ever worked for.

I worked at CNL Software full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: High tech product, Great connections to other businesses in the UK, No… Cons: Absolutely awful dictatorial executive management, who like to play favorites. Company is haemhoraging talent, very few staff with… Advice to Senior Management: Sell up, and let someone who knows what they're doing run the company. I held on right till the end, but just couldn't swallow the false… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on CNL Software.

Worked for CNL Software? Contribute to the Community!