There are newer employer reviews for CNN

Editorial Intern

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at CNN as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Looks amazing on resume. Great experience, especially in the bureau during breaking news. IT'S A PAID INTERNSHIP! Learn a lot of tips and tricks just by observing. Easy to meet other interns, great program in general.

Cons

People were welcoming at first but I always noticed catiness (which is normal for any newsroom, especially when people hang out outside the office). There were days when it would be completely dead and then other days when it would get so incredibly crazy (interns are ignored in both situations). I interned on weekends so be prepared when making scheduling to keep it all open during the week or you'll be commuting on a sunday!

I understand interns can be a liability, but especially in this case where we are paid I feel like we weren't taken advantage of. Maybe send us out on shoots more. I used to volunteer but get ignored. Every manager has a different style, some would have us work on assignments, others would tell us to sit tight and wait for something to happen. It was a great experience overall, and I had the chance to help out on shows and also spent some time in the bureau! Advice to future interns--don't be afraid to speak up and talk to people about their position! Unfortunately I'm a shy person sometimes so it was difficult at times but if you're the type that can go up to anyone and shadow them DO IT!

159 Other Employee Reviews for CNN (View Most Recent)

Slipping down hill

Former Employee - Senior Editor in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Editor in Atlanta, GA

I worked at CNN full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The people that you will work with day to day are well liked and committed to the job

Cons

The mid level and senior management are lost.

go down stairs and stand on the train tracks the company would be better with new blood in your jobs.

Great people. But it's corporate.

Former Employee - Designer in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Designer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at CNN full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Awesome coworkers! Very laid back environment.

Cons

No growth. Poor leadership. There's no clear definition between UI/UX design and motion design.

There are newer employer reviews for CNN