CNO Financial Group

just ok

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Carmel, IN
Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Carmel, IN

I have been working at CNO Financial Group

Pros

good place to use as a stepping stone

Cons

always restructuring and laying off

listen to employee advice

65 Other Employee Reviews for CNO Financial Group (View Most Recent)

not a place to stay anyway

Former Employee - Actuarial Analyst in Carmel, IN
    Former Employee - Actuarial Analyst in Carmel, IN

I worked at CNO Financial Group

Pros

easy to answer the question 'why do you want to leave Conseco' on your next job interview without being seen pretentious. People constantly leave (sometimes 1 person every month on average), so even if your real reason is you are not happy with the pay, or you can't stand your manager, you can always give a convincing and descent answer about 'job security'

Cons

job security, you never know when the sh*t hits the fan, which could feel like any minute when you work there

Put the company on the market and look for a reputable buyer: the 'Conseco' brand name ( or the new CNO) will probably not work, it would be better to sell product under 'Humana' or something ...

Mass highering

Former Employee - Agent in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Agent in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at CNO Financial Group

Pros

You can potentially make a lot. Everyone that was there was pretty cool to work with, I mean you have to have a good personality in "sales".

Cons

4 days a week/17 hour days---which I know, alot of ppl say they can do that, but it sucks. Expect to pay for food/hotels/and LOTS of gas! Sucks on weeks you only make $200. Farm towns are awful, don't let them tell you that all farmers have money and will be willing to buy from you, they won't. I've had so many doors slammed in my face.

Stop mass highering people, explain to your managers to explain to the new potential agents that COLD CALLING IS KEY! They say theyre all "preset appointments", BS! You walk door to door....it's awful. I paid for my Insurance License and don't even use it anymore cuz the insurance market where it's 100% commission is tough, don't take the weekly $500 withdrawal they offer when you first start...definitely avoid that!

There are newer employer reviews for CNO Financial Group