CNO Financial Group

www.cnoinc.com
  www.cnoinc.com
There are newer employer reviews for CNO Financial Group

Most of top management is very strong; working to overcome legacy issues. The future looks bright.

Former Employee - Director in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Director in Chicago, IL

I worked at CNO Financial Group

Pros

Good career advancement potential, strong upper management, significant talent upgrades in key areas, good work-life balance. Strong performers are recognized, and most of the dead wood is now gone.

Cons

Legacy issues still cloud reputation in insurance industry, after much restructuring and cost reduction, most of what is left now relates to blocking and tackling.

Keep doing what what you're doing

57 Other Employee Reviews for CNO Financial Group (View Most Recent)

Don't take the pay increase - stay where you are! You will end up regretting leaving your current position.

Former Employee - Peon in Carmel, IN
    Former Employee - Peon in Carmel, IN

I worked at CNO Financial Group

Pros

My salary was more than I made at my previous position, but the stability of employment was obviously the trade-off. I had a great supervisor, but she got too involved personally in the lives of her employees, and decisions were based on whom she was friends with, not who had more talent.

Cons

Senior managment only cares about their HUGE salaries and making a penny on each stock they own. Check out the list online - see how many shares each VP and the new CEO owns. I was part of a mass layoff in September of 2007, even though I had more job knowledge than other people and a degree. More than 300 people lost their jobs that same day.

Try this on for size - care about your employees and customers, not just the bottom line. Your CEO has homes in Indy and Chicago - who deserves to be paid that much money when you end up laying off people making $40K a year?

Don't believe what you read

Current Employee - BDM in Carmel, IN
    Current Employee - BDM in Carmel, IN

I have been working at CNO Financial Group

Pros

This is a great place to work. Unfortunately the media takes a constant doom and gloom approach to what is going on with the company. They have no real understanding of Risked Based Capital or what it means to take future charges on your balance sheet. I work well with the people on my team and in my department. I get the opportunity to travel and see some areas I would never see before. The policies we provide can save peoples homes, lives and finances.

Cons

Constantly in the news, AM Best rating. Employees that lack the knowledge to understand the financial numbers of the company. Therefore it is constant doom and gloom.

Keep making changes and keep making the right decisions.

There are newer employer reviews for CNO Financial Group