COLSA

  www.colsa.com
  www.colsa.com
There are newer employer reviews for COLSA

 

Nice small/medium size government contractor

  • Comp & Benefits
  • Work/Life Balance
  • Senior Management
  • Career Opportunities
Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Huntsville, AL
Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at COLSA

Pros

Paid overtime (comp time). 4% employer match in 401k, usually 4-5% additional discretionary contribution for a total of 8-9%.

Work is usually pretty steady.

Cons

Alabama?

Management learns basic skills on the job, predictable results. Not professionally trained/certified in management (some exceptions). Typical Huntsville AL company in that way.

Projects vary, sometimes boring.

Advice to ManagementAdvice

See pluses and minuses above

Approves of CEO

11 Other Employee Reviews for COLSA (View Most Recent)

Sort: Rating Date
  1.  

    Awesome company, growing fast!

    • Comp & Benefits
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Senior Management
    • Culture & Values
    • Career Opportunities
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Colorado Springs, CO

    I worked at COLSA full-time (more than an year)

    Pros

    Great atmosphere. Managers are very laid back and approachable, even with the busy schedules they keep. So many opportunities for advancement and/or movement and is supported throughout. Upper echelon management is very involved and knows even the employees NOT located at HQ. Benefits, especially 401k, are very nice! Hours are great, very flexible must of the time. Very family and community oriented. Many great volunteer opportunities in local area and supportive if you want to volunteer outside the area. Colsa tries really hard to keep employees IF there is a loss of contact. Absolutely loved working for this company/family and look forward to going back someday soon.

    Cons

    Retaining employees is great.... Until it becomes costly. Colsa seems to have a hard time during people that simply do not perform. I suppose every tree must have one bad apple and every family one black sheep.

    Advice to ManagementAdvice

    Keep doing what you're doing! Continue to recognize your people for the great things they do each day.

    Recommends
    Positive Outlook
    Approves of CEO
  2.  

    Decent place to work

    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee

    I have been working at COLSA

    Pros

    -professioinal office space
    -every other friday offf
    -coworkers are nice
    -family-focused environment, lots of recreational events that can include kids

    Cons

    -difficult to let go of bad employees
    -not a lot of room for upward movement
    -low pay compared to peers

    Advice to ManagementAdvice

    make it easier to fire people who dont do their jobs well.

There are newer employer reviews for COLSA

Work at COLSA? Share Your Experiences

COLSA

 
Click to Rate
or

Your response will be removed from the review – this cannot be undone.