There are newer employer reviews for CONMED Corporation

very poor, no incentive for employees, money money money for owners

I have been working at CONMED Corporation

Pros

not much to say. can't do an effective job when restrictions are in place. no one listens to the employees

Cons

would not recommend this company for anyone to work at. all ownership cares about is the money in their pockets

Advice to Management

sit down and work with the employees at all the divisions to see what they go through just to get the job done.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Not the best place but certainly not the worst.

Current Employee - Territory Manager
    Current Employee - Territory Manager

I have been working at CONMED Corporation

Pros

Acceptable work life balance.
    Fairness of Management towards employees.
    Products are well received by customers.
    Very nice people to work with at corporate.

Cons

Poorly launched products, launching products and then trying to come up with a plan after the market has seen the product.
    Back orders and chronic product failures that lead to customer complaints.

Advice to Management

Move away from GP based compensation. Move to a flat percentage of sales for comp plan. Also, bump up the base salary. This is embarasingly low.

2. Great experience, but low pay for new grads

Former Contractor - Manufacturing Engineer Intern in Largo, FL
    Former Contractor - Manufacturing Engineer Intern in Largo, FL

I worked at CONMED Corporation as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Great experience in an FDA regulated environment. Very well managed. Clean, well maintained documentation system, highly efficient manufacturing. There support systems, facilities, tool makers, maintenance, was top notch. Really this was the most well run manufacturing facility I have ever been a part of or witnessed. Overall, despite my cons below, I would not change the decision I made to intern with them. The experience was so important to my career advancement.

Cons

Lets be clear. All of the interns at Conmed Linvatec were really engineering techs at minimum. We all were post grads with engineering degrees, most with previous internship experience and the work we did required high level decision making. They only called us interns so they could pay us like interns ($15/hr). They have an extensive internship program. There were so many of us that there was not enough work to go around. Management was helicopter so you always had to look busy, but with not enough work, that was impossible. I constantly felt like I was being evaluated based on whether I was running around or not. When they hired me they said there was a very good chance I would be hired as a full time engineer. Unfortunately there were only X amount of eng positions that opened up over the year and Y number of interns. Y was much larger than X.

Advice to Management

If you simply hired less new grads, you could utilize them better, pay better, and give bright young engineers a real chance at staying in the company.