not a bad place to work

Current Employee - Safety Inspector  in  Cameron, WV
Current Employee - Safety Inspector in Cameron, WV

I have been working at CONSOL Energy

Pros

Good pay good bonuses, the mine is young and there is alot of room to grow within the company. The company plans to hire a few hundred people by the end of the year. The company is very stable and keeps growing.

Cons

You work alot of hours and rotate shifts. It is dark and can be very cold in the winter. Not enough training for new hire bosses

The training program for bosses needs to better we need to have more training on running equipment. we also need to start holding people accountable for their actions.

Other Reviews for CONSOL Energy

Initial excitement, actual disappointment.

Current Employee - Operations Analyst  in  Canonsburg, PA
    Current Employee - Operations Analyst in Canonsburg, PA

I have been working at CONSOL Energy

Pros

Exciting industry to be in. CONSOL is a leader in safety, and I truly believe that, from the top down, we want to do it the right way. Many opportunities to learn.

Cons

There is an attitude that just because the people in the mines work long days everyone else should. Sorry I am not a coal miner. I support them and do my job, but I do not need to do their job too.

More freedom in scheduling.

IN THIS DOWN ECONOMY THINGS ARE LOOKING UP AT CONSOL!

Former Employee - Accounting Clerk  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Accounting Clerk in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at CONSOL Energy

Pros

Some of the best reasons to work at Consol are the benefits....they are the best. They also pay very well. Overall they are an excellent place to work. I was devastated when my husband was transferred.

Cons

THe only thing I found disturbing at Consol was thier policy when laying poeple off. People who had worked there for 20 or 30 years were called to the HR office and then escorted to thier desks with a box to get thier personal items and escorted out the door. They were not allowed to speak to anyone. They were treated as horrible hostile employees. A great lack of respect for people who had spent their entire careers there. That was the ONLY thing I didn't like about the company.

A layoff is devastating regardless of how it is done however, in the future please try and find a way to do it with a little more respect. People love working there and it is very sad not only for the people being layed off but also for the employees who see it ihappening. THere is no GOOD way to lay people off and I totally understand that it is an issue of safety but there must surely be a better way.

There are newer employer reviews for CONSOL Energy.

Worked for CONSOL Energy? Contribute to the Community!